Shift linkage again

Moderator: Larry Jowdy

Shift linkage again

Postby nevadaed » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:22 am

Would it be goache to ropen the shift linkage adjustment problem. Needing advice.
VRRROOOM
nevadaed

Shift linkage again

Postby egrant5329 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:30 am

I would highly recommend ditching the Jamar and getting a cable shifter. I resisted the change for a long time for a long time, but I am very happy with it. My only dislike is the size of the box the shifter comes out of. If you have the handbrake mounted up there it is really tight.

I had a jamar and ended up with Carey’s Beck cable shifter (any of the cable shifters would work). It is easy to install, it works really well, feels solidly connected and I haven’t had any need to adjust or do anything since installing it.

After that I would recommend fibersteel’s rod shifter. It eliminates all of the complicated mechanism in the back.

EdG
egrant5329
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Re: Shift linkage again

Postby nevadaed » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:20 am

Thanx. Got it adjusted after overnight inspiration.
VRRROOOM
nevadaed

Re: Shift linkage again

Postby dlearl476 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:23 pm

egrant5329 wrote:I would highly recommend ditching the Jamar and getting a cable shifter. I resisted the change for a long time for a long time, but I am very happy with it. My only dislike is the size of the box the shifter comes out of. If you have the handbrake mounted up there it is really tight.

I had a jamar and ended up with Carey’s Beck cable shifter (any of the cable shifters would work). It is easy to install, it works really well, feels solidly connected and I haven’t had any need to adjust or do anything since installing it.

After that I would recommend fibersteel’s rod shifter. It eliminates all of the complicated mechanism in the back.

EdG

Same here. Best update I've done so far.
dlearl476

Return to Tech General