356 Pre-A Bent Window Coupe Replia

Moderator: Larry Jowdy

356 Pre-A Bent Window Coupe Replia

Postby SeductionMotorsports » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:16 am

Uh oh... Look what we have here! Bent window Pre-A Coupe! Going to be powered by our race proven 230hp watercoled engine. Sitting flush on RideTech adjustable dampening street/track suspension. 4 corner disc brakes... Air conditioning, heated seats... The list goes on! Comfort, style, & performance.

We have a couple pre-sold. Currently we are setup to produce 3 bodies/chassis a month with current staff. These bodies require a more hours to bond the door structures together, dash, trunk, hood, etc. The fit and finish is a 10 out of 10. Rain gutters are molded in, doors shut solid, trunk and hood are both solid. The quality is definitely here. We cannot produce a turnkey in 3 weeks like some companies... but there is a reason why. Quality. I have been asked numerous times already this morning if we will sell kits of the coupes, or bodies, chassis, rollers separate. NO. Turnkeys only with the Pre-A Coupes. Wait time is currently 4-4.5 months from initial order.

We will use all OEM Stoddard glass, seals, trim, etc. The doors will have reproduction frames in chrome or powder coat, your choice. Windows will be power for now. Manual windows add quite some cost to these. Posted this on the Facebook Speedster Owners, but figured since some of you are not on there, I'd post it here.

Inquiries: Daniel@seductionmotorsports.com

Some teaser pics!

Happy Holidays!

-Daniel
Last edited by SeductionMotorsports on Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.SeductionMotorsports.com
www.Facebook.com/SeductionMotorsports
Instagram: seduction_ms
Inquiries: daniel@seductionmotorsports.com
Builder of 550 Spyders, SM550 Spyder Outlaws & 356 Coupes
SeductionMotorsports

Re: 356 Pre-A Bent WIndow Coupe Turnkeys

Postby egrant5329 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:55 pm

Will these be on a VW pan pr will they be more like this
http://www.specialtyauto.com/appearance_-_coupe.htm
http://www.specialtyauto.com/build_sheet_-_coupe.htm
I love the 550, but in New England the driving season is too short and I love the looks of this car. http://www.specialtyauto.com/P6220032a.JPG
egrant5329
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby SeductionMotorsports » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:50 pm

egrant5329 wrote:Will these be on a VW pan pr will they be more like this
http://www.specialtyauto.com/appearance_-_coupe.htm
http://www.specialtyauto.com/build_sheet_-_coupe.htm
I love the 550, but in New England the driving season is too short and I love the looks of this car. http://www.specialtyauto.com/P6220032a.JPG

Please do not get us mixed up with the less superior "product" SAS puts out. We have the first 2 Coupes going on VW pans, then everything else will be placed on our new tube chassis with adjustable dampening, adjustable coilovers. We use 100% new parts unlike Specialty Auto who takes wrecked, salvage Subarus and pieces together a Coupe. We also deliver ours within 3-5 months, not the 4-10 year span like SAS is currently undergoing.
SeductionMotorsports

Postby egrant5329 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:52 am

I wasn't making any comparisons between your product and SAS's product. Since you provided no details, I was inquiring as to if you are using a pan or tube frame. I have no connection to SAS, so feel free to call their product less superior. To me a midengine subie powered, tube frame, tunable/adjustable coilover suspension, ABS, 4 wheel powered disc, AC/heat, etc... coupe sounds sweet, regardless of using salvaged subie parts or not. Add all wheel drive to the mix and I'd be tempted to make one a daily driver, since the season is so short for my 550 spyder. Unfortunately, I am not sure that I could get such a modernized car through the registration process in NH.
egrant5329
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby DannyP » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:52 am

Ed, Greg had the molds made off a real coupe. I have spoken with him at length about the new coupe project. And Daniel at Seduction builds some real beauties, so sounds like a win to me. The cars are rear engine and like Daniel said, custom tube frame and lots of options to consider.

I'd love to build one myself but sadly no kits available.......
2016 Vintage
DannyP
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Larry Jowdy » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:41 am

The subject of SAS just came up in this thread so here's my opinion of that car. Last year I worked on a 356 coupe from SAS. It had the mid engine Subaru and in my opinion, it was a piece of rolling crap. The engine takes up so much room behind the driver that it was very uncomfortable for me to just sit in, let alone drive. The seat back had to sit almost vertical and my head hit the roof and along with that, no leg room because I couldn't put the seat back as far as I needed to be comfortable. The fit and finish was decent but not fantastic. In addition, the engine had a tendancy to overheat as radiator assembly left a lot to be desired. If I were to build a 356 replica, it would have to be of the rear engine configuration.
Larry Jowdy
Site Administrator
Larry Jowdy
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

Postby beck688 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:56 pm

The power window only thing You could use the available latch frames and the window winder knobs and levers and make switches out of them. A coupe would be nice, good luck with it.
Oh sh*t -- It was rocket science!
That's how my brain works. It's not a perfect organ.
beck688
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby egrant5329 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:06 pm

Larry,
Good to know. I love the looks of the tan one I posted of SAS's, but I haven't seen one up close. I'm also not opposed to one built off of a pan either, if it is well done. I can't wait to see their final product. If the price is right, my spyder might go up for sale.
egrant5329
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby SeductionMotorsports » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:01 pm

A 356 Coupe built on a tube chassis will crush any pan built Speedster/coupe. Can support better suspension, handling, and more power.

We will post pictures and keep everyone updated.

-Daniel Verwers
Seduction Motorsports
SeductionMotorsports

Return to 356 talk