\"Pushrod Spyder Engine\"

Moderator: Larry Jowdy

Postby Kuzu356 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:28 am

Larry and all,
Last year in summer we run the original Carrera cooling system on my S90 engine with my 57 coupe all 4 cylinders had the sensors with the dash controlled switch.
with one to one pulley dimensions we got great temperatures around 80~100 F
less than original Porsche fan shroud which is turning the fan almost two times faster
After these actual test drives over 65~100 miles hr. around 200 miles we were
very happy but was expecting this
We build real metal Carrera fan shrouds like factory build 50 years ago and all the other parts original remanufactured parts.
Full Carrera cooling Unit cost as seen in picture close to $6,900
So far we are booked for 6 months, there are two members already installed
the carrera cooling system on their VWT1 engines by their mechanic building bold on blocks on the case. I guess you will hear from them soon.
Other units we shipped were one for real Carrera GT engine rest was for 356 Pushrod engines. Also we are building for Mike and Greg for their super exciting 4 cylinder911
engines coming life soon.
I hear Jake is building Carrera cooling units in his way and mentioning that it will be reasonable for VW crowd so any of you cannot afford real Carrera units they can check with Jake at air-cooled technologies.
Like I mentioned before, I will not be looking SC every day, so If you wish more detail info or have serious Q?s please call 214 460 0144 or email me at:
kuzu356@aol.com this is better for me to get you answers Quick.
Thank you

this is what we did with Kuzu356@aol.com GREAT STUFF

Postby leadfoot » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:53 pm

tried to get it on the road today for hershey swap meet but have a stickie relief valve.. any help here would be great.. that said the car is comming together wonderfully! had to use the other mid engine car (cayman) to get to the swap meet. here are some pics.. will post more and thanks Ibrahim!
Shakedown warm -up
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby mjhorn » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:02 am

Hi Leadfoot,

wow-truly a work of art you have in the back there.

Can you give me more details on the specs of your car and have you got more pictures on photobucket or somewhere?

Thanks and best regards from Australia

Postby DannyP » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:45 am

Leadfoot, where are you located?If you're close enough to drive to Hershey, another show is coming in a few weeks.

Try and make it to Carlisle May15-18 for the replicar show.

This year will be 3 or more Spyders, I was the only one for the last two years. However there are usually at least 40 Speedsters of many different manufacturers. The real reason I go is the people though!
2002 Vintage
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby leadfoot » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:27 pm

live in dc.. will go to carlisle if we can get the dang relief valve problem worked out. about the car. it was on the cover of 356 registry this past jan. it is 50% real spyder 25% fabracated parts, 10% replica and then the rest who know...Stoddard,beck,samba, ibram, spyder sports, dario and wrong but real porsche from differnt era. thanks.. more pics to be posted when i drop off the next check for work..
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby bbgroovin » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:13 pm

WOW -- would love to see a lot of detailed photos as well when available.
Congrats you have a nice looking spyder by the photos.
Good work .... I am sure it took a lot of patience and $$$.

Keep us posted,
\"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.\" Jimmy
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Return to 356 talk