first step towards a dream

Moderator: Larry Jowdy

first step towards a dream

Postby stargategfx » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:25 pm

Signing up for this forum is exactly that, my first step towards building a car I have lusted after for years.
I have owned, modified and restored a number of cars over the years, VW sedans and cabrios, Datsun Z cars, and the current hole in my garage a 1988 IROC convertible, which will be leaving to make room for my yet to be built speedster.
Although I have endured a couple of every last nut and bolt restorations, this will be my first ever scratch build and any advice you can offer would be appreciated.
To that end, my goal is to build a true sports car capable of decent acceleration, braking and handling, not an SCCA racer, but a capable weekend driver.
I live in British Columbia Canada, and I would really appreciate input on legal issues,smog requirements, etc. from anybody who has gone through the build process around here.
stargategfx
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby Larry Jowdy » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:57 am

Thanks for joining.

You'll be able to get quite a bit of information regarding your future project as Spyders and Speedsters share a great deal of mechanical similarities.

As a thought, you might think of joining www.speedsterowners.com, that web site is exclusive to Speedsters and I'm sure you'll also be able to gain a great deal of knowledge from those members.
Larry Jowdy
Site Administrator
Larry Jowdy
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

Postby Greenberg » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:59 am

Hi Stargate;

PM me. I also live in BC and have some connections that may help your build.

Mark
Ya gotta drive it like ya stole it!
Greenberg
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Return to 356 talk