AUTHORIZED CHAMONIX DEALERS IN USA

This is the marketplace forum for Special Editions, Inc., builder of 550 and 356 replicas (1-16-14 pd)

Moderators: Larry Jowdy, WasserSpyder, 24+yearsinthebiz

Postby DannyP » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:00 am

On my headlights, I took the tension spring off and bent it so it would allow the headlight to tilt back more under tension. The hose idea sounds good though. I have H4's, which are a little deeper than sealed beams. I had to remove the headlight connectors and bend the pins sideways to get that extra bit of adjustment. Now my lights are where they're supposed to be, instead of lighting up the utility wires and treetops!
2016 Vintage
DannyP
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby embo121 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:05 am

Kevin,

Any update on the Envemo?]
embo121
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby WasserSpyder » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:53 am

We built 2 s-90s as a comprehensive cost study last year. Exterior was right where we wanted it... 100% in my opinion, interior was about 80% of what it needed to be. It needed some small trim items and a rework of the seats/door panels. Not a huge deal, but a considerable amount of tooling cost into some of these items. Also, needed some rework of the existing molds to \"streamline\" production. Things are currently set-up for very low volume production.
Anyway, overall cost to produce, coupled with unfavorable exchange rates, make this project less than desirable at the moment. Cost to do the cab. in the fashion it deserves bring it WAY too close tot he cost of a descent original... Maybe a project for the future... we'll see.

Thanks for the interest. If things change, we'll be sure to update the posts.
Carey Hines
Special Edition, Inc.
www.beckspeedster.com
WasserSpyder
Moderator-Contributing Vendor

Postby WasserSpyder » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:06 am

Carey Hines
Special Edition, Inc.
www.beckspeedster.com
WasserSpyder