Again with the great Customer service.

This is the marketplace forum for Special Editions, Inc., builder of 550 and 356 replicas (1-16-14 pd)

Moderators: Larry Jowdy, WasserSpyder, 24+yearsinthebiz

Again with the great Customer service.

Postby drdriddle » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:41 am

I wanted to take a moment to thank Carey from Special Editions and to let you all know what a great job he does with helping out his customers.
Last night driving home i busted a clutch cable about a mile from my house. I was able to limp it in and park the poor girl in the garage. Having a 500 mile trip planned for the weekend, i was anxious to get it fixed. i took a chance and left a message for Carey in hopes that he would call back in the next day or two and leave me with enough time to fix the car. I had already recieved a spare cable last week in prep for the trip as a just in case so all i needed was some advice on how to swap the cables. He called me back within twenty minutes and walked me through the procedure in 5 minutes on the phone. I was able to get everything swapped in about two hours, but i feel like i've been worked over with a hammer after being under the dash 12 times. So, again, thank you Carey I really appreciate your support.
drdriddle
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby HANS » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:24 am

More kudos for Carey, I installed new carpet and needed the rubber doorjamb thingies....badabing...there they were at my doorstep.
Everybody should buy there things from Carey, never heard of a problem yet.
Hans
HANS
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Larry Jowdy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:49 am

I'll agree with the above statements.

I've had a couple of dealings with Carey and he's helped me out with parts for customers cars and, in a very timely manner.

A true gentleman.
Larry Jowdy
Site Administrator
Larry Jowdy
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

Postby Simonster » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:15 am

unlike the rest of you, i've only had negative experiences with carey. he has YET to deliver his sister to me, despite my having made numerous payments from my nigerian bank account. ;)
All hail The Simonster
Simonster
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Larry Jowdy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:17 am

Maybe, just maybe, he's sending you a subliminal message :)
Larry Jowdy
Site Administrator
Larry Jowdy
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

Postby Goofycat » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:59 pm

Re Carey: ditto for me. Super guy.
Goofycat
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby DannyP » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:49 pm

Simon, Val is too cool for you!

Carey is more than all right, having watched him wrench with people he'd never met before. Also working on cars at the show where he's trying to sell more cars. A class act, period.
2016 Vintage
DannyP
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby WasserSpyder » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:42 am

Thanks guys... I try.

Admittedly, parts sales (other than warranty parts support) are one of my biggest downfalls. Just don't have the time these days. Trying to keep the turn-key builds moving along is a job and a half most days. We've even starting making many of our accessories in house (both Brazil and Indiana) to improve turnaround times. We've even managed to produce some of the parts w. higher quality/more durable materials, but I can't even advertise these, simply because I don't have the time to sell them...

Simon: Valerie decided that if she's really going to find a husband she's gonna have to be able to separate the men from the boys... She took a position w. Prudential Financial and within 6 months was offered a position at one of our local banks as a financial adviser. As the youngest in the bank's history, she has 9 offices in 9 separate branches. Her \"new\" dating routine starts w. a portfolio... :)
So, get in line, portfolio in hand and we'll see if you qualify... :D And I'm not talking about your Trapper Keeper either. ;)
Carey Hines
Special Edition, Inc.
www.beckspeedster.com
WasserSpyder
Moderator-Contributing Vendor

Postby Wayner » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:36 am

WasserSpyder wrote:Simon: Valerie decided that if she's really going to find a husband she's gonna have to be able to separate the men from the boys... She took a position w. Prudential Financial and within 6 months was offered a position at one of our local banks as a financial adviser. As the youngest in the bank's history, she has 9 offices in 9 separate branches. Her "new" dating routine starts w. a portfolio... :)
So, get in line, portfolio in hand and we'll see if you qualify... :D And I'm not talking about your Trapper Keeper either. ;)

Carey, if you knew what business Simon was in you wouldn't have let that last part slip #-o

This is going to get interesting :sadnana:
Wayner
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Larry Jowdy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:48 am

Wayne and Carey, the problem is non-existent.
As of late, Simon is more interested in his own bicycle seat and rumor has it they are getting married. Along with that, he's taken quite a liking to wearing spandex.
Larry Jowdy
Site Administrator
Larry Jowdy
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

Postby WasserSpyder » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:00 am

Ohhh... I'm just leading him to believe he has a shot... [):] :D
Carey Hines
Special Edition, Inc.
www.beckspeedster.com
WasserSpyder

Postby Wayner » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:50 am

WasserSpyder wrote:Ohhh... I'm just leading him to believe he has a shot... [):] :D

You should see the size of his "portfolio" [:0]

All I have is a piggy bank :sadnana:
Wayner
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Simonster » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:28 am

Larry Jowdy wrote:Wayne and Carey, the problem is non-existent.
As of late, Simon is more interested in his own bicycle seat and rumor has it they are getting married.

seat?!?!?!

i don't use no stinkin' seat! i just lovingly eaaaaase myself down onto the seatpost itself. keeps me firmly attached to the bike and gives a better feel for the road. [^:]

although it HAS gotten a bit more painful since the seatpost designers started integrating a bracket at the top...

All hail The Simonster
Simonster
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Simonster » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:30 am

WasserSpyder wrote:So, get in line, portfolio in hand and we'll see if you qualify... :D And I'm not talking about your Trapper Keeper either. ;)

haha. trapper keeper. yeesh. i had to do some digging in my memory banks to recall what that was. do they still make them? best part of the school year was getting a new one of those and filling it with new supplies.
All hail The Simonster
Simonster
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Larry Jowdy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:37 am

Too much information

a horrible image has been permanently burned into my mind
Larry Jowdy
Site Administrator
Larry Jowdy
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner