M & W

A registry of owners and their brand of vehicle

M & W

Postby Larry Jowdy » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:50 am

This Registry will assist those looking for other owners and will also provide their general geographical location

Add to this forum if you own a car assembled by the M & W crew or if you own a M & W home built vehicle You can also add any modifications, improvements etc.

Remember, to add your name, city, state, (country), modifications etc

Feel free to add photo's of your vehicle
Larry Jowdy
Site Administrator
Larry Jowdy
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

Postby coaster550 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:27 pm

Well I guess I am an owner, although waiting for delivery this summer. Basic M&W Kit, Alfa 1.7 Boxer baught from Richard Lamin, 5sp box...All I can give you is my intentions, (what transpires might be different [:0] )
Silver, tan interior, lots of ally, cream faced 356 guages, banjo, wide 5´s, not sure about tyres want something period might even go crossplye.
Nervous about wiring, never done it and shifter linkage might go modified brandwood. Already have loads of \"trinkits\" from Fibersteel. Will become a heavy forum user when car gets here as I dont know what im doing!!!!.

Had a couple of newer porsches, 996 C4 Cab, 997S, Boxster, Cayanne S(piece of Junk).............always been into Hot Rods but now living in Austria and Hot Rods are a definate no go here. so Spyder floats my boat for a few different reasons, a) 50´s simple engeneering, Porsches, and I can drive it here without being locked up.

We keep posting when i get going and start running into problems.........shouldnt take long...........below attach pics of some of my previous obsessions

coaster550

Re: M & W

Postby coaster550 » Wed May 02, 2012 9:54 am

Just thought I should post, that although I never visizted Barrie once and all deals where done by email or phone, absolutely everything that was agreed was carried out 100%, absoultely spot on.
coaster550

Postby JohnFK » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:38 am

Hi,
I'm new to the spyderclub. I purchased and M & W from a fellow in San Diego. The car was just delivered to me in Minneapolis. The kit was evidently manufactured in 1994, and was not touched since delivery. Looks to be in excellent shape. Spoke to Barrie a couple of times. Very helpful. I plan to rely heavily on the collective wisdom of the members of this board. :) I'm excited to undertake this build project! --JohnFK
JohnFK
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby SpeedwaySpyder » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:40 am

Welcome to the club. We all will try and help out. Hope you enjoy your new ride. Post some photos when you can.

Best, Dave [8D]
SpeedwaySpyder
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby David Zulu » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:27 pm

Just bought my first 550 Rep last week (Jan '16) from a previous member on this site. Absolutely loving it. M&W with 1776 Type 1 VW engine. Silver, red interior. Changing the seats and carpets (although keeping plenty of aluminium) and replacing the Engle 110 cam with a Web slightly hotter version.

Based near Silverstone in the UK.
David Zulu
Starting Member
Starting Member

Return to Owners Registry