Beck

A registry of owners and their brand of vehicle

Re: Beck 2503

Postby mr.t » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:22 am

I own Beck 2503, built 2013. DFW area TX. 2.5 Suby, Whiskey Tan interior, standard everything else.
Attachments
Spyder Left front shot outside Indiana.jpg
Spyder Left rear shot outside Indiana.jpg
Spyder in  showroom in Indiana.jpg
mr.t
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Re: Beck

Postby mr.t » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:25 am

Sorry all, shoulda posted under Special Edition label!!
Mea culpa...mea culpa.
mr.t
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby SpeedwaySpyder » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:17 pm

Sweet. I like the color combo. How are you enjoying it?
SpeedwaySpyder
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby mr.t » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:03 pm

I am pretty pleased with the vehicle even though I have only 300 miles on her to date. Kinda hot in my neck of the woods(DFW,TX) right now and comfortable days to drive are few and far between. You appear to be located in a great area to drive these cars and I envy you. I have a condo in Pensacola Beach that I would love to get the car to someday. I drove my old Subaru on the beach one time in NSB and loved it. Lots of sharks in the surf, also!! Makes for interesting body surfing.
Thanks for the reply and keep in touch,
Tom S. in TX
mr.t
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Re: Beck #573 1999

Postby Pinballking2 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:56 pm

mike550 wrote:I bought my car off of the second owner so I'm not too sure of the drivetrain specs. I believe my engine is a 2180cc VWT1 that reportedly makes 170 HP. Since I've owned it, I have removed the Beck installed exhaust/heaterbox system and replaced it with the ceramic coated 4-2-1 exhaust from Special Edition. What a great difference in exhaust tone. I dressed up the interior with an ivory banjo steering wheel with a homemade horn button, a spun aluminum gear shift knob and Porsche emblem seat belts. I also replaced the pathetic shocks that came from Beck; now the suspension actually feels legitimate.

I love this car!

My car is Beck serial plated as 550000533, so am I in your run?
I just got it with 87 miles and no other paperwork.
Supposedly it was given to a lawyer who loaned Chuck the 60,000 to start the business , and was give to him as a gift.
He had 40 other cars and it just sat.
Just the story I got. I am omitting the name as he is now 95 years old and just glad he parted ways with it for me.
Thank to all
Great site.
Andy
Pinballking2
Starting Member
Starting Member

Serial number 550000533

Postby Pinballking2 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:09 pm

Just got this Beck with 87 miles on it.
Silver blue with red interior.
Does anyone know the production date for this serial number?
I have no paperwork other than the Beck, metal plate in the front trunk.
The story goes...this well known lawyer lent a chuck $60,000 to start the business, and this
Car was a gift after the fact. Said lawyer , had 40 other cars and this on just sat for all these many years.
Looks stock, dual carbs, red leather, beck badges on front hood, in front trunk and on red leather wheel center.
Chrome mangle wheels. No leather rear straps? Not sure when they started or were an option. I had them on my last one.
Shifter linkage in rear is a long gloss black rod, that connects to a cadmium couplet on the tail shaft?
Is this a stock piece? Exhaust looks to be tubular header to straight pipe about 3 inches? Then connector just under back of body that sweeps to right ,passenger side? Could this be stock?
My last one , large pipe ended just under back of body, and had an alluminimum deflector on underbody?
Thanks for a wonderful site and look forward to hearing from you.
I am located in Bronxville ,NY
Pinballking2
Starting Member
Starting Member

Previous

Return to Owners Registry