Hi Spyder owners! Just stopping by like I do every year to tell everyone that might not know that our yearly *Speedsters meet Spyders* is coming up May 18-21 2017. This event is held at the Import nationals show in Carlisle, PA. This is our 5th time going. Other Spyder club members such as DannyP, Lenny and Carey Hines have gone 10+ years. We have the BEST TIME!! Here is the event information which is posted over on http://www.speedsterowners.com. Cant wait to see everyone!
Join us for the 14th year - Speedsters Meet Spyders weekend in Carlisle, Pennsylvania!
For anyone who has never attended this event - if you own or are thinking of owning a 356 Speedster, Coupe, Cabriolet or 550 Spyder replica - this is THE event of the year! And once again, the MG replicas are invited too.
New this year! During the Friday countryside cruise we'll board the Pride of the Susquenhanna for a river cruise. The Pride is an authentic, stern-driven 120-passenger paddle wheel riverboat and includes narrated details of the unique history and ecology of the Susquehanna River and Harrisburg. The charge for the cruise is $10/person. See details on the RSVP form below.
Further weekend planning is ongoing so watch the “Events” thread on Speedsterowners.com for news and updates on what's happening this year.
Dates: Thursday May 18 thru Sunday May 21, 2017
Location of activities: Carlisle Import & Performance Nationals, Carlisle Fairgrounds and surrounding countryside.
Host hotel: Courtyards by Marriott, 4921 Gettysburg Road, Mechanicsburg, Pa. 17055
IF YOU’RE COMING TO CARLISLE YOU NEED TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Register for the 2017 Carlisle Import & Performance Nationals NON-JUDGED or JUDGED showfield:
Add this registration to your cart and check out.
Registration includes weekend admission for two people and your ride.
All Carlisle Import/Replica event-related info - INCLUDING REGISTRATION INFO - can be found on that site.
IMPORTANT! When registering, please specify your club as “SPEEDSTER OWNERS”, this helps us to get our own tent for the weekend and the more registrations the bigger the tent!.
2. Reserve a room at the host hotel – Courtyards by Marriott Mechanicsburg. Don't delay, they go quickly.
You can find the details on how to reserve your room(s) here:
3. Complete the RSVP form (see below) and email it to “bstumpp at comcast dot net” or mail it to Bruce Stumpp, PO. Box 152,Phoenix, Maryland 21131 so we can save spots for you at the cruises, dinners and tour.
4. Join us for the Saturday Evening Gala Awards Dinner. Check Speeedsterowners.com for reservations information and indicate your interest on the RSVP form.
WHAT'S HAPPENING DURING THE WEEKEND?
The Carlisle Import & Performance Nationals weekend has MANY things happening import- and replica-related so check their website, watch for updates, and sign-up to receive their emails. In addition to Carlisle’s activities we’ll be fender-to-fender at the fairgrounds during the day plus doing cruises, dinners, the Susquehanna riverboat tour, a raffle, giveaways, bench racing, partying, and more from Thursday through Sunday. Come for the day or enjoy the entire weekend! You can expect to meet many owners from all over the United States and Canada and probably other parts of the world as well, plus meet the top Speedster and Spyder manufacturers and see their products.
There is a pool at the hotel for your relaxing pleasure. Also, if you have space, bring your lawn chairs for socializing under our tent at the fairgrounds or on the parking lot.
For anyone arriving without a Speedster or Spyder, you may order event pass tickets for the weekend either on-line at the site noted above or simply buy event tickets when you arrive at Gate 3 and don't forget to tell them you’re with the “SPEEDSTER OWNERS” club.
FOLLOWING ARE HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEKEND:
- Evening country cruise to the Caddy Shack restaurant for dinner at the Armitage Country Club. This is the twelfth year we’re cruising to the Shack and it’s ALWAYS a fun drive. We’ll enjoy the same great food and friendly wait staff we’ve become accustomed to. http://www.caddyshackrestaurant.com
-Morning country cruise through the rolling roads of central Pennsylvania including a tour aboard the Pride of the Susquehanna, one of only 6 remaining “authentic” paddle wheel riverboats in the United States. Bring your camera; you won’t want to miss all the photo opportunities! http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrisburgriverboat/
- Then cruise to the Carlisle fairgrounds where we’ll register for the weekend, walk the grounds, check out the swap meet and grab something to eat. Join us under our club tent, we’ll be there enjoying all the sights and sounds of this event. Many activities are happening all day long; check their calendar and the program in your goodie bag for event details of the day.
- After time at the fairgrounds we'll head back to the hotel for our “Restaurant Scramble”.
- Our big day on the show field (aka the “Fun” field) at the Carlisle Import & Performance Nationals. The biggest event of its kind in the country!
- Morning “Egg Sammiches” reunion at the Carlisle High School Marching Band food booth (under the grandstands).
- Join us under our club tent, we’ll be there enjoying all the sights and sounds of this event. Many activities are happening all day long at Carlisle – music, autocross, automotive displays and much more. Check their calendar and the program in your goodie bag for event details of the day.
- Group photo on the Carlisle grounds from the Carlisle sky crane.
- When the busy day at Carlisle draws to a close, we’ll head back to the hotel, take a quick dip in the pool, freshen up, don our Hawaiian shirts and meet up in the parking lot.
- Gala awards dinner at the Radisson Hotel Harrisburg for our annual travel awards festivities and drawing. Don’t forget to wear your Hawaiian shirt!!
- Then we’ll head back to the hotel hospitality room for the “Speedsters Meet Spyders” annual raffle of donated parts, products, goodies, and memorabilia. Followed by more socializing and revelry (BYOB and snacks).
- Long distance folks begin to leave early, die-hards remain at the show field until the "Last Hurrah".
- Morning “Egg Sammiches” at the Carlisle High School Marching Band food booth.
- Activities are happening all day long at Carlisle; check their calendar for events of the day.
A more complete weekend schedule will be posted on Speedsterowns.com so check in occasionally and stay tuned!
Keep in mind, this is a meet and not a competitive show, if you can get your Speedster, Coupe, Cabriolet or Spyder to Carlisle - regardless of its condition - bring it. There will be awards for the longest distances traveled. And you're welcome even if you can't bring your car or are still shopping for one. Come on out and join us, we’ve had as many as 65+ cars in attendance and this may prove to be our biggest year yet! Watch this thread for updates and announcements. Come for the day or spend the whole weekend.
Other than your Carlisle registration, riverboat tour admission and Saturday evening awards dinner you don’t have to pay anything else in advance – just pay as you go. One exception: we ask that everyone bring a contribution (new parts, products, goodies, memorabilia, etc) for the annual raffle held at the hotel Saturday evening. Proceeds from the raffle help to cover expenses incurred during the weekend.
One last thing: PLEASE complete the RSVP form (see below) and let us know the details of your plans so we can plan accordingly. Questions? Shoot me an email.
Come out and join us, you won’t be disappointed!
Drive ‘em, tow ‘em, trailer ‘em, but get them there somehow!!
"East Coast" Bruce
*RSVP Form* 2017 SPEEDSTERS MEET SPYDERS - MAY 18-21 *RSVP form **
Carlisle event attendees, please copy and complete this form and e-mail it to “email@example.com” or US mail it to Bruce Stumpp, PO. Box 152, Phoenix, Maryland 21131. Don't miss out - join us!
City, state, zip: _____________________________________________________
E-Mail address: ____________________________________________________
Phone number: (home) ____________________ (cell) ______________________
Name(s) of guest(s): ________________________________________________
Are you bringing your Speedster? Y ____ N ____ or other replica?_____________
If Yes or “other”, are you driving or trailering? Driving ______ Trailering ______
Beck_______ CMC______ Fiberfab_______ Intermeccanica_____ JPS_____ SAS_____ThunderRanch _____ Vintage_____ Other________________________
Have you registered with Carlisle? Y ____ N ____
If not, here is the website: http://store.carlisleevents.co...chResults.asp?Cat=23
All Carlisle Import/Replica event-related info - INCLUDING REGISTRATION INFO - can be found at that site.
Page down to “2017 Carlisle Import & Performance Nationals – Judged or Non-judged Showfield”
IMPORTANT! When registering, please specify your club as “SPEEDSTER OWNERS”.
Add this registration to your cart and check out.
Hotel you are staying at _________________________________ What night(s)? Thursday____/Friday____/Saturday____?
Note: The host hotel for the meet is the Courtyards by Marriott Mechanicsburg. If you want to stay there, see details on http://www.Speedsterowners.com under the Events thread a:
CRUISES and DINNERS
Yes! I’ll attend the Thursday evening cruise and dinner at the Caddy Shack................................................................................please reserve ______ spots.
* Everyone will order from the menu, separate checks
Yes! I’ll attend the Friday morning cruise and riverboat tour....................................................................................please reserve ______ spots.
* Narrated cruise aboard the authentic Pride of the Susquehanna paddleboat in Harrisburg, PA. *Admission is $10.00 per person, must be paid by May 1 .
* Cruise Carlisle countryside with final destination at the Carlisle Farigrounds for registration, lunch, etc.
Yes! I’ll attend the Gala Saturday Evening Awards dinner...............................................................................please reserve ______ spots.
* Dinner: $40.00 per person (includes service charge and state sales tax), must be paid by May 1
Riverboat tour ____ x $10.00/person + Saturday awards dinner ___ x $40/person = $_____ submitted (via check or money order only please)
Do you need any additional information? Y ____ N ____