New Member Seattle/Bellevue WA

Moderator: Larry Jowdy

New Member Seattle/Bellevue WA

Postby MapleValleySpyder » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:02 pm

Hello All!
New member here in Maple Valley Washington. Thank you to Larry for welcoming me in even though I do not yet own a 550 Spyder. Recently I was the high bidder on the BaT auction for the White/Martini/Seduction 550 Spyder. I did not hit the reserve at my highest bid of $40,500. I have been in touch with the Seller but he is in the Dallas area and before I pull the trigger on that car (or not), it seems that it would be prudent to actually see and even perhaps sit in a 550 #-o
From the research I have done, I really like the Vintage with the rear fender louvres and the high quality Seduction upgraded bits. Looks like anything "new" from Seduction is now extinct :-\"
By way of introduction, I am a 61 year old car nut that has been playing work up for about 40 years. Currently I have a Ferrari 360 6 speed spyder, Superformance Cobra, 996 Turbo Cab, an SL55 AMG, a couple of race karts and a few "normal" cars.
My hope is that there are some local to me folks that would allow me a look a little more closely at their car to make sure that it "fits". I am 6'2" 205lbs and have only second hand knowledge of other people my size in these beautiful automobiles. As I race a shifter Kart, I am a little used to confined spaces, but still.....
Are any of you in the greater Seattle area?

Kind Regards,

Brian P
Attachments
Shop 6-2019.jpg
Last edited by MapleValleySpyder on Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BP
Maple Valley WA
Certifiable Car Nut
Stable:
Superformance Cobra, Ferrari 360 Spider, 996 Turbo S Cab, SL55AMG 030, LX570
Hopefully 550 Spyder soon!
MapleValleySpyder
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Mew Member Seattle/Bellevue WA

Postby TSchommer » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:12 pm

Nice car collection, interesting that Seduction seems to have disappeared, their website and Facebook pages seem to have disappeared too. Their cars seemed nice and they had some cool bespoke parts. I heard a few stories here and there that made me cringe, but it’s surprising that they seem to have vanished.
TSchommer
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Re: New Member Seattle/Bellevue WA

Postby EEricson » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:41 pm

Welcome to the group, Brian. I'm on the completely wrong side of the country to help you but, if no one here steps up, try https://www.speedsterowners.com/

They have a Spyder section that's pretty active and maybe a Northwest resident or two.

If I were you I'd visit Greg at Vintage & sit in one of his cars. 6'2" is on the tall side for these babies; Greg could give you chapter and verse about how he'd modify a car to fit your frame.

Carey Hines at Beck/Special Edition is also easy to talk to and visit.

Good luck in your quest.
EEricson
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Re: Mew Member Seattle/Bellevue WA

Postby SpyderMike » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:53 pm

He is not the only one to do something like this. I suggest any potential buyer do their due diligence on the companies selling these cars prior to buying. Having been involved in these cars since the late-1980s as a hobby, I can attest to the ones that have come and gone or come and gone and come back only to go again. Some are still around. The info is out there if you look!

Sorry to creep this thread. Welcome to the fun.
l my b
SpyderMike
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: New Member Seattle/Bellevue WA

Postby EricTheRed » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:08 am

Hi Brian!
I'm not in Seattle but in San Francisco area.
I've got a Vintage and if you are ever in the area and want to test fit just ping me.

Eric
EricTheRed

Return to Events