Carlisle Speedsters Meet Spyders 2015

Moderator: Larry Jowdy

Carlisle Speedsters Meet Spyders 2015

Postby SpyderGirl » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:03 pm

Hey guys! Got signed up last night for this very fun event! I know Danny and Lenny are coming. If you have never been it is a LOT of fun! All the details are at www.speedsterowners.com under "events" it would be nice to have some more Spyders show up! Lots of fun cruises, dinner, touring the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing at the Latimore Speedway, lots of partying and of course participating in the Import Nationals at Carlisle fairgrounds. I am sure Danny will add more info to this thread \:D/ hope to see everyone there!

Spydergirl
SpyderGirl
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Carlisle Speedsters Meet Spyders 2015

Postby DannyP » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:16 pm

Ha! Glad you are going to make it this year, D! Always good to see the two of you! Leon Chupp is coming too. Four Spyders for sure, and possibly Greg of Vintage is making the trip. ALWAYS a great time is had. Pretty much if anybody shows up they come back the next year. I have pretty much given up trying to convince people to come. They'll never know what they're missing......
2016 Vintage
DannyP
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby SpyderGirl » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:39 pm

I can't wait to see you and Lenny!! We always have such a GREAT TIME!! Will you take me on another ride in the rocket? Your car is CRAZY fast! I hear YA on trying to convince people! I posted in case any new Spyder owners are interested and don't know about THE BEST Spyder weekend in the world! Only reason I missed last year is my Spyder got hired by the new movie coming out this summer "Max Steel" he played Andy Garcias car! \:D/ :nana: anyway I see 40 people have read this post but nobody has responded.... Anybody still around that I know? Even if I don't know you you should try and come to this event! No words to describe how amazing it is!!! Can't wait for May!!! Looking forward to our awesome Spyder convoy ripping up the Turnpike twice a day! Woohooo!!!

Spydergirl
SpyderGirl
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby SeductionMotorsports » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:57 pm

Most likely be there this year... making it happen. Not sure if we will bring out any Spyders but at least fly in and make it a 3 day trip.
www.SeductionMotorsports.com
www.Facebook.com/SeductionMotorsports
Instagram: seduction_ms
Inquiries: daniel@seductionmotorsports.com
Builder of 550 Spyders, SM550 Spyder Outlaws & 356 Coupes
SeductionMotorsports

Postby RBP » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:23 am

I am considering making the trip one of these years. I plan to check with the "boarder authorities" both US and here to determine what I will need to do to trailer the car in and then back into Canada without a major hassle. Would be great to meet everyone and see some other cars. Are the cars inside or outside?
Vintage, 2316 Type IV
RBP
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Leon Chupp » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:34 am

Mostly outside unless a vendor asks to display your car.....
Leon Chupp
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby RBP » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:06 am

So what does everyone do in the event of heavy rains? Do the cars just sit out in the rain and fill with water?
Vintage, 2316 Type IV
RBP
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby DannyP » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:01 am

Rudy, if it rains we just kind of suck it up. Mine has a top so I'll drive it anyway, the other Spyders not so much. Lots of daily drivers around and empty right seats in Speedsters. If my right seat is empty you are welcome to it.

This will be my tenth year and we've only been skunked one year by rain. But the sun did come out and allow us to enjoy the cars even that one crap year, I believe it was 2007 or 2008.

Fyi, I have holes drilled in the floor, to let the water OUT!

D, you can have a ride any time!
2016 Vintage
DannyP
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby DannyP » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:07 am

Rudy, come straight down I-81, I'll meet you in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

And I really hope both Greg and Daniel make it, with or without cars. If they don't bring cars this year, they probably will next year. Carey sold a Spyder last year and the guy drove it home!
2016 Vintage
DannyP
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby RBP » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:57 pm

I-81 looks good to me, will be great to meet up in Scranton and drive to Carlisle from there. Just trying to figure out what I have to do if I want to bring my car. Not sure about having it sit outside though. I have no top or other type of cover to protect the car from rain etc. I initially thought the cars were inside. What do you do, just leave it out for 3 days or however long the show is?

Sometimes we go to NYC for a weekend, lots of fun on Canal Street with all the vendors. From Ottawa I figure its about 6-7 hours to mid town so looks like I could make Scranton in about the same time. Are the hotels in Carlisle booked up for this, should I book at least a month in advance if planning to go?
Vintage, 2316 Type IV
RBP
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby DannyP » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:00 am

Yes, you should reserve your room now and RSVP with Bruce Stumpp. Also pay for dinner Sat. night if you're staying for that.

RSVP to the show: http://www.speedsterowners.com/topic/sp ... rsvp-today

Hotel info: http://www.speedsterowners.com/topic/ca ... nformation

Yes, we leave them outside. I have a car cover, a top/tonneau weather depending. In the past, Lenny and I have taken an 8' X 10' plastic dropcloth and closed the front trunk on it, then closed the rear deck on it, effectively covering the gas tank opening, windshield, and interior. Won't blow away either no matter how windy. Survived the pouring rain with a dry interior that way until I bought a car cover.
2016 Vintage
DannyP
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby RBP » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:25 am

Thanks for all the info D, looks like it would be too much work to get my car down there and I thought the cars were inside somewhere. Might still go down just to check out the cars and meet some fellow SC members.
Vintage, 2316 Type IV
RBP
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby gixxerblade » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:10 pm

DannyP wrote:Rudy, if it rains we just kind of suck it up. Mine has a top so I'll drive it anyway, the other Spyders not so much. Lots of daily drivers around and empty right seats in Speedsters. If my right seat is empty you are welcome to it.

This will be my tenth year and we've only been skunked one year by rain. But the sun did come out and allow us to enjoy the cars even that one crap year, I believe it was 2007 or 2008.

Fyi, I have holes drilled in the floor, to let the water OUT!

D, you can have a ride any time!

You know D's not going to suck it up! :D We usually cover it with a tarp and just chill out. We've had really good luck in past years with no rain. Maybe others can come out? Great time.
gixxerblade

Postby SpyderGirl » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:31 am

RBP-
This will be our third time back to Carlisle. You can ask anybody there that I am OCD about my car about it getting dirty wet etc. What we did is we brought a blue tarp. It did rain the first year we went! The speedster group is unbelievable we met one of the Speedster owners from Florida, he saw that I was not going to drive my car since it was raining walked over and handed my husband the keys to a $60,000 speedster and said he was going to ride with another member so we could have a car and stay dry. Every night back at the hotel I get my car cover out and cover the car as many others do the same. We have the entire Marriott hotel this year so the only cars in the parking lot will be speedsters and spiders. In years past it always works out where we have half the parking lot all to ourselves. I always get the same hotel room so I can look out the window and see the cars lol when we are at the show, we have our own section that we park all the cars and yes it is outside but if it rains a golf umbrella covers the entire cockpit of the Spyder and nothing gets wet. Hope to see you there!
SpyderGirl
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby RBP » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:41 pm

Do you drive it there or transport it there with a trailer in tow? From your comments I expect that you drive to and from the event and park in the hotel lot. Can't see driving the 550 long distances so I'm thinking you are towing a trailer. I'm thinking I have to do this event at least 1 year. I was going to do it this year but as I looked into it I could see it was going to be more complicated than I initially thought. I am going to try and get a truck and trailer for next year and hope to drive down. I don't have either right now and boarder security on both sides don't like anyone crossing in vehicles you don't own pulling trailers with other vehicles on them. I won't make it down this year but hope to next year. I really want to be able to bring my car down since I have to drive anyway and whether I pull a small trailer or not doesn't matter. Hope the weather is good for all of you this year and with a little planning I can be out for year. Glad to see of you are keeping the Spyder front and centre at these events.
Vintage, 2316 Type IV
RBP
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Next

Return to Events