Looking for a Spyder in Ontario

Moderator: Larry Jowdy

Postby RSO » Tue Jan 08, 2002 1:02 pm

Talk to Dman...he's the SpyderMan of Canada!
RSO

Looking for a Spyder in Ontario

Postby Anonymous » Tue Jan 08, 2002 8:52 pm

Man, I never thought that I would have trouble getting a Spyder. You know the story, research, research some more, convince your wife she would look really cool in the passenger seat,get her OK then make your decision.Check out the importing and run into a brick wall. I really,really, really would like to join the club literally, but the Canadian government seems to have other ideas. There must be a legal way around this dilema.<P>Before I head to a customs broker I was hoping that there may be a fellow Spyder lover who might be able to help me out.<P>Thanks,<P>Little Joe<P>[This message has been edited by LittleJoe (edited 01-08-2002).]<p>[This message has been edited by LittleJoe (edited 01-08-2002).]
Anonymous

Postby Charles » Tue Jan 08, 2002 8:52 pm

See your e-mail
Charles
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Anonymous » Tue Jan 08, 2002 11:27 pm

Thanks a bunch gentlemen, it looks like the Dman has all the answers....or at least the ones that I need. Appreciate the help too Charles. <P>Thanks,<P>Mike
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Tue Jan 15, 2002 10:14 pm

Hey Joe;<P>I'm in Ontario, Canada and haven't had a problem with the border, just ##$%&^$%^& taxes.<P>What specifically are you worried about?<P>Scott
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Tue Jan 15, 2002 11:00 pm

<P>I would be interested in your experience, for I must say that my garage needs another vehicle in it, even if my wife can't see why. She must love me ( either that or is tired of seeing me pine for a Spyder )since she said do what you want. ( I know, but she really means it :0))<P>Please e mail me.<P>Thanks,<P>Mike<p>[This message has been edited by LittleJoe (edited 01-16-2002).]
Anonymous

Postby Charles » Wed Jan 16, 2002 6:35 pm

Mike:<P>e-mail me your phone number<BR>We need to talk<P>Charles
Charles
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Re: Looking for a Spyder in Ontario

Postby Marques2187 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:48 am

Hi Charles:

Also would like to be informed on importing, 550 Spyder into Ontario.
What import duties, registration, taxes, etc. Best builds to buy-avoid?

Cheers,

Roy Marques
Marques2187
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby AlexSnellWPG » Fri May 11, 2018 6:22 pm

I was told that if you can prove the car was 15 years OR older; there is no issue importing into Canada? This I believe is the reason we're starting to see so many right hand drive cars now?
AlexSnellWPG
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby Armodilo » Sat May 12, 2018 8:10 am

Yes, they have to be 15 years or older as per the kit car regulations in Canada. A Spyder registered as a 1955 Porsche won't cut it, it has to be based on the actual build date of the vehicle and you'll have to have proof of that date to get through customs and cross into Canada. Other than that it should be fairly straight forward -- just watch out for the vehicle branding as well, make sure there's no 'rebuild, 'salvage' or the like on the vehicle or it may never make it across the border.
Beck Spyder #171 (2276cc)
1963 Porsche 356B T6 S90
1969 VW Beetle
2007 Porsche Boxster S
Armodilo
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Daryl » Mon May 14, 2018 11:19 am

Hi there,

I have an early desirable Chuck Beck build that I have had in Toronto for years that I might consider selling.

It was imported legally, licensed as historic vehicle and insured.

E-mail me if you would like any additional information.

daryl.frimer@merge-solutions.com

Thx,
Daryl

Anonymous wrote:Man, I never thought that I would have trouble getting a Spyder. You know the story, research, research some more, convince your wife she would look really cool in the passenger seat,get her OK then make your decision.Check out the importing and run into a brick wall. I really,really, really would like to join the club literally, but the Canadian government seems to have other ideas. There must be a legal way around this dilema.<P>Before I head to a customs broker I was hoping that there may be a fellow Spyder lover who might be able to help me out.<P>Thanks,<P>Little Joe<P>[This message has been edited by LittleJoe (edited 01-08-2002).]<p>[This message has been edited by LittleJoe (edited 01-08-2002).]
Daryl
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby Larry Jowdy » Mon May 14, 2018 12:08 pm

I hope you all realize that this this thread was started 16 years ago.
Larry Jowdy
Site Administrator
Larry Jowdy
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

Postby AlexSnellWPG » Sat May 26, 2018 4:51 am

16 Years ago! Wow, that's crazy but, at the same time speaks volumes that the demand for these amazing cars is still there, and has only increased. ;) I know that when i look for Spyder's availability for me to ship to Canada; I can now look at cars built as late as 2003 although in my mind I'm still thinking early 90's. I'm just getting old...

Take care all, hope to add my own car to the mix soon enough.
AlexSnellWPG
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby RBP » Sat May 26, 2018 2:43 pm

Just build it! Import the parts and do the assembly your self. Many of the cars that are 15 years old are just that, old.
Vintage, 2316 Type IV
RBP
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby AlexSnellWPG » Sun May 27, 2018 4:55 am

RBP wrote:Just build it! Import the parts and do the assembly your self. Many of the cars that are 15 years old are just that, old.

I would however; i'd like a car that runs! ;) Personally, i've thought about it however, it's extremely time consuming and with 2 young kids ( aged 1 and 4 ) the time I'd have to spend building it would be very limited. Plus, my experience with cars is fixing minor issues, and detailing. Could be a fun project however and, with Youtube anything now and days is possible.

Which kits would you recommend I look at if I was to build one myself?
AlexSnellWPG
Starting Member
Starting Member

Next

Return to Classifieds-For Sale/Wanted (Spyerclub assumes no responsibility for validity of vendors)