Scam

Moderator: Larry Jowdy

Scam

Postby Spydey » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:12 am

Interesting. I was looking at it on Ebay, but this alert is directly from Seduction.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-Porsche-5 ... m1&vxp=mtr
Attachments
550  Ebay.jpg
Last edited by Spydey on Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spydey

Re: Scam

Postby EEricson » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:55 am

Wow that is interesting.

Suggests the owner beat a Suby Spyder to death in only 900 miles? Not sure how that computes, but on the other hand some people are very imaginative with their machinery.
EEricson
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Spydey » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:18 am

https://m.facebook.com/SeductionMotorsp ... 4801766518

I Googled the VIN. Seduction was selling it back in January. At the time, it had 798 miles. Link above.
Spydey

Postby danstern » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:24 am

Weird. It only has 65km more than when sold. I suspect a financial disagreement.
Dan
Quantum Mechanic, Black Holes refilled, Quarks repaired
Vintage #74, 2109cc
danstern
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby DannyP » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:45 am

Daniel V. is a member on here. Perhaps he can shed some light?
2016 Vintage
DannyP
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby ExpensiveNoise » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:48 am

No alert needed, this is no scam. Bought the car just over a month ago, arrived leaking oil and exhibiting signs of overheating on my first drive. Sent the car immediately to a local Subaru tuner shop in the Dallas market at Daniel's recommendation and with the understanding he would pick up the tab. He no longer wishes to honor that agreement and I know longer wish to own a vehicle with this "name" on it. I did not want to go public with this dispute but I had to file a complaint with the Arizona Attorney Generals Office once he removed me from his facebook owners group and no longer responded to my emails and phone calls. I have put a total of 45 miles on this car...never exceeded 65mph with it and have not driven it for a month while it sat at the shop he asked me to take it to.
ExpensiveNoise
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby EEricson » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:44 pm

Sorry for your troubles, man.

If it's any consolation (and I suspect it won't be, but anyway), Subarus sometimes blow head gaskets for no good reason and it's not really anyone's fault except maybe the engineers who designed the engine and heads.

I like mine a lot but I sure didn't after I first got it all together and the dang thing would not run cool. Turned out it needed head gaskets. I called out the guy who did the engine install and gave him hell. He gave me hell right back and we fought it out, yelling and screaming for about 20 minutes. It probably sounded pretty weird and scary to the neighbors to hear me banging around my own garage yelling at myself. But after a while I came to my senses and pulled the engine and pulled the heads off it and sent them to a machine shop to be decked and cleaned off the case halves and got the head gaskets and the new head bolts and torqued the mother back together and reinstalled. Four years on it's given no further trouble.

Now I realize your situation is not like mine—it's totally different because you have another person to blame (and maybe an enforceable written warranty?), and I had only myself. But I tell that story to illustrate the reality: whether someone else can be blamed or not, and whether it's fair to blame them or not, the fix is going to be the same.

Good luck with the sale; do yourself a favor and don't give the car away. Or, if you decide to fix it after all and hang around here, welcome to the group. It gets better.
EEricson
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby danstern » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:01 pm

+1
Dan
Vintage #74, 2109cc
danstern
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby DannyP » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:33 am

Ed, Agree with everything you say, except Subaru gaskets are the actual problem. Don't use them, and you can leave this problem in the mirror.

Fel-Pro. Copper coat both sides. Kiss your water problems goodbye.

+1, welcome to the forum.
2016 Vintage
DannyP
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby danstern » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:58 am

@ExpensiveNoise

Just a thought. Fix the head problem as recommended, change some stuff on the car (e.g., vinyl graphics, shift knob, ...) to make it yours not the builders and enjoy it. They're great fun cars and you can get past this bad experience. Best Wishes.
Dan
Vintage #74, 2109cc
danstern
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby ExpensiveNoise » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:20 am

Thanks guys, I appreciate the welcome and the kind words.
ExpensiveNoise
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby Spydey » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:08 am

ExpensiveNoise - Getting any interest on it? It looks nice.

Maybe get Danny V to retract that post? He shouldn’t try to keep you from selling. If you can sell it, it’ll be better for both of you - you won’t be badmouthing him, he won’t be bad mouthing you.
Spydey

Postby sjgharib » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:42 pm

Interesting to understand what happened with the issue itself.

I have a JDM motor in my car - 2006 (I think). It's a NA 2.5 DOHC with the VVT system...

The only oil I leak is from the darn 1967 VW transaxle, not the engine :)

I will offer that an ENTIRE JDM engine with low mileage (less than 40k) cost me $700. I learned a hard lesson with the first engine because I shortened the oil pan and didn't put in enough oil, so I starved a connecting rod bearing and spun it (that engine cost me $550). I was much cheaper to buy another entire JDM engine and just swap it out!
sjgharib
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby ExpensiveNoise » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:45 am

Unfortunately this one is leaking from the head gasket. Daniel did not disclose to me until after I purchased the car and found post on the internet that the engine had been re built less than 200 miles back. I was looking for data on the overheating fuel pump issue a few of his cars were having and stumbled across a post from an engine builder in Phoneix (Souless Performance) that had posted a picture of a car that looked like mine on their facebook page. When I asked Daniel if this was the same car, he said yes…I told you about that…to which I responded, you did not. He proceeds to say that the previous owner of the car drained all the oil to store the car and forgot to refill the next time we went to drive it.

The first time I drove the car I barely made it back home. It was SUPER hot that day and the car has been stilling on lift ever since. As soon as the weather gets out of the 90’s and not raining…I will take it out and see if it exhibits the same issues as it did the first time I drove it.
ExpensiveNoise
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby sjgharib » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:50 am

So it's leaking oil from the head gasket?

A properly sorted Subaru with the right radiator setup and aux fan should be able to run in almost all temps.

I've had mine in stop-n-go traffic in 95+ deg humid weather, and the temp gauge never went above the midline (mine is set to trigger the fans at +190 deg coolant temp)

I'm not an engine guy, but i always thought that an engine without oil would sieze up, not cause a head gasket failure? Or is it because it gets too hot?
sjgharib
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Return to Classifieds-For Sale/Wanted (Spyerclub assumes no responsibility for validity of vendors)