anyone have info on this Spyder?

Moderator: Larry Jowdy

anyone have info on this Spyder?

Postby EricTheRed » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:59 pm

Anyone have any info on this Spyder? Was in NC and now in LA. Understand that many of the cars look the same, so I attached the interior pictures. Car is a BECK #1032
Any info or if the car in in any posts here on the site.

Thank you!
Attachments
p5.jpg
p3.jpg
p1.jpg
EricTheRed

Re: anyone have info on this Spyder?

Postby JTSnake2 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:49 am

I went to look at this car last week. It's in Arrowhead Lake, California. The car is stored outside under a tarp. The wind had been blowing the tarp, and buffing the paint. Corrosion was everywhere. Critters were building/ collecting food under the front hood-behind the hood badge. The car is still savable, but you have to get it at the right price. I am still looking.
JTSnake2
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby EricTheRed » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:10 am

Thanks for replying.

I posted this awhile ago when I as looking to buy this car.
Had a terrible experience with the seller in the end, and found out info he's not telling people about the car. First off he's listing the car on eBay where I found it and trying to do a deal outside of Ebay so he does not have to pay he fee (first red flag). Second Turns out the car was originally purchased from SC almost two years ago by the current owner, but he never put the car in his name so he's actually trying to float the title on the car to the next owner (second red flag). This goes on some in the used car world but normally not this length of time, biggest issue is the new owner here in California actually signed the SC title (third red flag). This was pretty stupid as now he has to get a title in his name, or you have to go through a bunch of paperwork in California to void the original signature.

I explained this to the owner and he went crazy on me, screaming, cursing at me telling me there was no way California was getting another cent of his money. I was in total disbelief of this guys actions, then he called me many other names and told me his PTSD was flaring up?? Really? I remained calm and cool just explaining to the owner that either me or who ever buys this car will need to go through the similar process because of his mistakes.

Whats a shame here is the car, it's really all caught up in this with a bad owner. I actually contacted the original owner that bought the car from Beck, he put a ton of time and money into the car. I would tell he loved it and had taken great care in its ownership. He was a very nice guy to talk to and very reasonable to help me sort this cars issues if I bought it. In the end the guy would not return my calls so I just moved on from the car.

Sorry for the long post but the experience really turned me off, and I have not thought about it till now.

Hope someone gets the car for a far better price then what is listed and can sort a good car with a bad owner.

E
EricTheRed

Postby Spydey » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:24 pm

Spydey

Return to Classifieds-For Sale/Wanted (Spyerclub assumes no responsibility for validity of vendors)