looking for a reliable part supplier

Vendor Advisories, Kudos, recommendations, etc.

Moderator: Larry Jowdy

looking for a reliable part supplier

Postby NL Spyder » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi all,

Perhaps i am a bit impatient but if i want to order parts ( taillights and turning lights for a 550 Spyder ) with a wellknown supplier and i have some simple questions to be answered before i place my order.......is it normal that you have to send an e-mail twice and not having any answer in a period of 2 weeks. Thought these people would be in the business to earn money ? ( and no, this time it was not Vintage Spyders... :-$ )

I am just looking for a supplier with fair prices, who is reliable and who is quick in answering questions and sending parts....please give me some advice !
NL Spyder

Re: looking for a reliable part supplier

Postby Greenberg » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:19 pm

Carrey is very reliable, but I am not sure he can supply the correct style of lamps.

This is fast becoming a real problem world wide. I have recently sent an e-mail to a company that sells scooters (for my son) in the UK and had to e-mail 3 times before I got a response. I even see this type of business or lack of business here in China. As the world becomes more ane more financially unsettled and service is clearly the only way to succeed or set yourself apart, it sure seems to be a seriously lacking component of business.

Ok all business owners out there................I have some of the most important advice you will ever recieve, and i assure you it comes with experience with over 60,000 customers per year and growing..........are you ready for this advice????

Answer your freaking e-mail messages, phone messages, and tell the truth if you don't have the service or product available.

I am sure this will get some hits back, but truly, when you have 60,000 customers a year purchasing your product and service and a number of you can vouch for this fact, then talk to me!

Sorry to rant, but this is frustrating!!!
Ya gotta drive it like ya stole it!
Greenberg
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby arajani » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:30 am

Mark, I couldn't agree with you more!

NL Spyder, as Mark mentioned, Carey Hines at Special Edition is the guy to talk with. He is currently building a car for me, and we exchange multiple e-mails per day. He has always responded (and quickly, I might add) to EVERY email I have ever sent him. And he responds, rather methodically, to every question I ask therein. Interestingly, since I started building my car with him, we have exchanged over 400 emails regarding different details.

Definitely the right guy for you to contact!!

Best regards,
Anand
arajani
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby NL Spyder » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:59 pm

well....if i Google on Carey Hines / Special Edition i end up at Beck's Spyders/Speedsters and this is the company i sent mails which are still unreplied. Perhaps they are only interested in selling cars instead of parts ? #-o
NL Spyder

Postby arajani » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:23 pm

NL Spyder--I would write to Carey directly -- he will help you. I have sent you a PM with his e-mail address! He's great -- he will definitely help you, I am sure of it.

Anand
arajani
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby NL Spyder » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:52 pm

Just forwarded my questions to the mail adress you just gave me by pm, i will keep you informed if a respons is given.
Many thanks for your efforts !
NL Spyder

Postby WasserSpyder » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:04 pm

NL
I am just seeing this post on my mobile at home and will check for your direct email in the morning. To date I have not received any message from you. I sent a text to my IT guy so he can see if it is "hung up" somewhere. I am a "hands on" owner and spend most of my time in the shop, however I set aside a few hours every morning and evening to answer all e-mails. Most of the time I have a response out in under 12 hours, but if you don't hear back from me within 24, chances are something has gone wrong.
Regarding your lights, I have 3 styles in stock at all times, including the original style. I keep a full inventory of both Beck specific and authentic parts in stock.
I'll be in touch directly in the AM.
Carey Hines
Special Edition, Inc.
www.beckspeedster.com
WasserSpyder
Moderator-Contributing Vendor
Moderator-Contributing Vendor

Postby RS-60 mark » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:30 pm

And there you go . . .

I have been on this board for 10 years, and I guess I'm one of the more active participants. I don't think anyone will argue that I am the one who is most outspoken and condemning when it comes to bad customer service.

For every year, every month, and every day of my time on spyderclub; I have NEVER seen Carey leave a customer stranded or provide anything other than a perfect model of customer service. The story is exactly the same over on the speedsterowners site too.

I have never bought anything from Special Editions, I have never talked to Carey, and I don't even recall ever corresponding directly between us on spyderclub. My endorsement is purely unsolicited and offered only in the context of 10 years of observation as a disinterested party.
RS-60 mark
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby DannyP » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:53 am

Carey and Kevin Hines are a class act period! I know them both, have shared drinks and conversation, and consider them to be friends. And I have done business with them, and referred people to them, and will continue to do so. Great craftsmen and responsive suppliers they are.
2016 Vintage
DannyP
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby NL Spyder » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:06 am

Carey contacted me very quickly ! It seems my earlier mails directly done to the contact adress as it is on the Becks website did never arrive. Think our first parts order with Beck's will be placed very soon !

Thanks the help !
NL Spyder

Postby arajani » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:46 pm

Excellent-I knew that Carey would get back to you once he received your message. Good luck with the car! Post some photos for us!

Anand
arajani
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby NL Spyder » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:07 pm

This will take some time, a good mate of mine is building replica's ( both RSK & 550 ) in his spare time and by occassion i lend him a helping hand. ( searching parts and some rough technical jobs ) Anyhow, you can follow his projects on www.vwspyder.nl where you can find my RSK Spyder aswell )

A 550 replica is on my wishing list for near future someday, somehow !
NL Spyder

Postby daVinci 550 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:36 pm

Not sure you can find everything you are looking for, but I've never had any issues with Sierra Madre.

Many of the authentic parts used in the 550 were the same as those used on early VW Beetle and Porsche 356.

http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/st ... _list&c=40
Matthew Gardiner
Vintage Spyder #412

Digital Media & Graphic Design
http://www.matthewgardinerdesign.com
daVinci 550
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby NL Spyder » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:56 am

i am sure that there are companies who fullfill all wishes, i ordered parts earlier with sierra madre and that went very well and now that i am in touch with Beck's i have full confidence in them too. But we have had some very bad experiences with Vintage Spyders in the past so i am bit carefull as you can understand. We lost quite some money unfortunately.
NL Spyder

Postby daVinci 550 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:19 pm

I have also had a good experience w/FS.
Matthew Gardiner
Vintage Spyder #412

Digital Media & Graphic Design
http://www.matthewgardinerdesign.com
daVinci 550
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Next