Alloy Cars

Vendor Advisories, Kudos, recommendations, etc.

Moderator: Larry Jowdy

Alloy Cars

Postby JayNiz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:21 pm

Hey Gang -

I had the opportunity to visit with Ingo at Alloy Cars in south Florida. Not only was this my second trip to the shop but Ingo spent over 3 hours with me touring his operation and closely looking at the various parts he and his team produce. Since this post is long overdue, let me briefly share with you my experience as well as a few photos.

Now I realize that there are several level of DIY Spyder builders here on the site. I somehow have fallen into the purist category. And by purist, I mean you can replace the word with "astronomically expensive" or "difficult to reproduce." With my build, some parts have been unobtainable or like I said, difficult to reproduce without access to an original car. Now that Ingo and his team have decided to tackle complete Spyder reproduction, they are also offering those difficult-to-obtain parts such as pedal sets, gear shifter with lock out boxes, seats, adjustable drivers side seat rail, floor jacks, etc. If you haven't had a chance to meet or speak with Ingo, give him a call (813.420.0784) or email (pmc@alloycars.com) if there's an original style part you are seeking for your build. He's a super nice guy that genuinely wants to help. I'm not affiliated with AC in any way but feel that it's important to share in my experiences as I want to see vendors like Alloy Cars succeed. http://www.alloycars.com.

Along with the two 550 builds underway were a nice set of Rudge knock-off wheels and a 4-cam motor - neither of which are correct for a Spyder. The motor is P*96008 which is a 692/3A - Carrera 1600 GT - from 1960. At $140K, it still looks correct!

Anyway, feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Enjoy!

-j

Last edited by JayNiz on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JayNiz
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Re: Alloy Cars

Postby Greenberg » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:26 pm

Great shots and incredible work. Thanks for taking the time to see and take pics for us all.
Ya gotta drive it like ya stole it!
Greenberg
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Re: Alloy Cars

Postby JayNiz » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:44 pm

Thanks Mark. You're welcome. I added a few other photos as well as contact info since I was half asleep and forgot to include when originally posting. I also noticed that if you are still using the default green theme (Saphic) versus the blue theme (Prosilver) for this board, photos posted with 800x600 resolution are cut off and not fully displayed.
The board skin or theme settings are found under User Control Panel / Board preferences / Edit global settings / My board style:

Regards,
-j
JayNiz
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Return to Vendor Discussions