Broken Record... Vintage Spyders

Vendor Advisories, Kudos, recommendations, etc.

Moderator: Larry Jowdy

Re: Broken Record... Vintage Spyders

Postby RS-60 mark » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:18 pm

RS-60 mark wrote:There are two red flags here:
1. . . . . . . .
2. He "can not send out the parts . . . . until the new year". I don't know what you think "until the new year" means when Greg says it. But I'll give Greg a chance to make me a liar: You still won't have all those parts when April Fool's Day rolls around.

Devin,
I don't mind being an "I told you so". I wrote that quote over two months ago in this thread at the time Vintage promised you would be receiving all of your parts within a couple of weeks. You didn't get all your parts within a couple of weeks and you STILL didn't get them all when you went to pick them up in person!

Let's see, April Fool's day is 33 days from now; tick, tock, tick, tock, tick. Greg has never made me a liar . . . . yet. I'm pretty confident he won't make me a liar this time either.

Good luck though, for you benefit I hope I am a liar.

Tony46,
I hope you are paying attention. Trust me, you are not special. But if you want to keep playing on the thin ice at least take SpyderMike's advice.
RS-60 mark
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby SpyderMike » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:37 pm

RS-60 Mark, shoot me an email if you get a chance naitsirhcm AT gmail.com...
l my b
SpyderMike
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby Tony46 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:53 pm

What do you mean I'm not special Mark!? [:0]

I was aware of the negative feedback that Greg was getting before I placed my order, and it did concern me. However, like others that have ordered a Vintage...it's the car I wanted. My order from Greg was nowhere near as substantial as others, which gave me the confidence that he would be able to deliver quickly...and he did without issue.

Devin, I'm sorry about the trouble that you're going through. I know that it definitely draws from the pleasure of the build. I hope it gets resolved soon.
Tony46
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Devin » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:56 am

Just so everyone knows, there is a positive twist to this story. Visa refunded me 3000. Which put Greg in A tough spot considering he runs his business like a 4 year old with a lemonade stand. So I might be out a bit of money but not the original 10 or so thousand. Perhaps im out maybe 500 out of pocket. And if youre reading this Greg, I cant wait to see the day you close your business doors for good. There is no room in this niche market for douchebaggery. The other vendors have been more than helpful and Ive completed my order finally.
Devin
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Devin » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:00 am

As for you RS-60... I wish I would have read your posts regarding Greg before I made the purchase. You jave been right all along. Keep up the posts! As for you Tony... hope your frame is straight... Ive heard horror storys about twisted frames and need ing different length shocks to counter the mistake.
Devin
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby VintageGreg » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:15 am

Devin,
you had no problem coming to my shop and picking up your parts knowing all along you already Disputed the $3000. charge with Visa and not telling me about it!!!!
I have an email from you Dated 1/25/13 (after your visit to my shop and after we talked about the disputed charge) of a list of parts "left to send" some of these parts are not included in the kit but you chose to add them anyway. I have attached the email and a breakdown of the prices of these parts. If my 4th grade Lemonade stand math is correct you still owe me $1625.
As for your statement "hope your frame is straight... Ive heard horror storys about twisted frames and need ing different length shocks to counter the mistake" thats complete bullshit, we Jig every chassis and have built well over 500 and never seen or heard of anyone having this problem, in fact i have another "vendors" car in my shop now and there is no way the chassis was built on a jig because there is not one straight or equal tube from side to side this is a fact not a "I heard horror stories" !!!
This is all I am going to post about this if anyone has something they would like to say or has a question feel free to call me anytime
Office (714)894-1550
personal cell (714)342-9095
office cell (714)818-1064
Attachments
devin Balance 1.jpg
VintageGreg

Postby RS-60 mark » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:31 pm

Tony46 wrote:What do you mean I'm not special Mark!? [:0]

Tony, don't take that as an insult. I only meant just because you are nice to the fellow in Stanton doesn't mean he will treat you "special". Over the past 10-11 years I've seen a long list of guys who praised him and how nice he was, and how they don't understand why he has such a bad reputation; and on and on (kind of like you). Most of those guys are long gone now. Their initial wild enthusiasm crushed by Vintage, leaving bitter disappointment the end. I don't know Devin, but I'll bet he was a lot like you in the beginning; complementary of Vintage and how wonderfully responsive and personable the owner is. Devin may have known something about the bad Vintage reputation but after his initial experience he may have figured that either it wasn't true or he was the lucky one -- he must be special.

Well, I think we can all say this about Devin, like the long list of V-Victims before him: He is not special. He became a V-Victim, just like the others.

So that is what I meant when I said you are not special. It was a warning, not an insult.
RS-60 mark
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby RS-60 mark » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:17 pm

VintageGreg wrote:Devin,
you had no problem coming to my shop and picking up your parts knowing all along you already Disputed the $3000. charge with Visa and not telling me about it!!!!

Hmmmm . . . . I'm not one who would be expected to criticize the business practices of Vintage. But does anyone agree that if Greg had taken care of matters when this thread first started in December that the desperate measures Devin was compelled to take just might have been avoided?

If I correctly read between the lines, Greg had Devin's $3000 on deposit for 6-months before this thread's story of apparent lies, broken promises and communication black holes ever surfaced into public. Why is Greg feigning the innocent victim act?

Near as I can tell, the little book keeping quandary Greg posted is entirely his own fault. He had 6-months to prevent it, but instead pushed his customer into no other recourse. And to accuse Devin of dishonesty? Well, really Greg, you are accusing someone else of dishonesty? [-X
RS-60 mark
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Tony46 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:39 pm

No worries Mark, I didn't take it as an insult...I know what you mean. I don't think I'm special, I only received the product and the service that I expected as a customer. My experience with Vintage was good. Later on in my build, maybe I'll have an issue, maybe I won't....maybe it will be a bad experience with a different supplier...I don't know. I only hope for no issues so I can fully enjoy the build.

I don't know Greg any better than I know Devin. I do know that both of them have been helpful with my build, and I hope that they can resolve the issues so both are satisfied.
Tony46
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby RS-60 mark » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:37 pm

Right on, Tony.
RS-60 mark
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby RS-60 mark » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:45 pm

SpyderMike wrote:RS-60 Mark, shoot me an email if you get a chance naitsirhcm AT gmail.com...

Mike, you have mail. Look for Ann.
RS-60 mark
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Devin » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:47 pm

Greg, we will let Visa deal with this. They will see my emails and invoice for support. you can low ball your prices on this thread all you want but the original invoice and emails stating what was included in the kit will tell a very different story. And trust me... I will have any money owed to you as quickly as you had my parts for me. Maybe fly your butt out to canada to collect and see how friendly we Canadians can really be ;) Short of stating my experience with Vintage on this site and a coue others im a little bummed I cant do more to keep people money away from your pocket.

Just for the record, after i told Greg I was coming to LA to collect I was meant to meet him at 1030am on a tuesday. On the way to his shop he had the nerve to call me and tell me i was 10 minutes late ( as if he wasnt 7 or 8 months late at this point). When I finally made it to his shop after my tardiness Greg had very little ready for me. No word of a lie he was building parts on the spot for me while I had a plane to catch that at 130. Class act Douchbag
Devin
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Devin » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:51 pm

And of course I didnt tell you I dissputed the charge. You think I was gonna leave your shop with out all my parts or some of my money. Get Real. Step in the customers shoes for one second and think about a Vendor like yourself. We shouldnt need a ace in the hole when doing business but with You its a must.
Devin
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby VintageGreg » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:57 pm

Devin,
The day you visited my shop I called to make sure you was still coming as you stated you had to leave at 1:30 and it was getting close to 11:30.
I did not low ball any prices a coated exhaust is $750. the price i quoted you when you was here was $600. with no coating!
The upper door trim was $150 look at your invoice!
I have multiple invoices I will supply to the Credit card company to prove I am not low balling.

as far as not having things ready and building stuff for you the only thing we had to "build" was the oil cooler grill needed to be cut out and I had my guy do right away.

Back to my Lemenade stand!!

Greg
VintageGreg

Postby Devin » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:24 pm

how about the rear clamshell pull. you built that on the spot as well as the shotty door trim pieces you tried to pawn off on me. Your prices for the Rims are wrong as well. So when we get into this with Visa they will find out what the costs are to carpet a spyder and what it costs to buy upholsted seats. Main point is that what you stated I neede to complete thae car is very different from what I have from you. So you can go five rounds with me on this but you may end up owing me more when we get down to brass tax. But I wont be pety and ask for it back. After all Ive been through with your lame excuse for a business i will just chalk that up to experience. But dont expect a penny back from me. Because if you go five rounds ill go six.
Devin
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

PreviousNext

Return to Vendor Discussions