Anybody knows about sandiego replicas?

Vendor Advisories, Kudos, recommendations, etc.

Moderator: Larry Jowdy

Anybody knows about sandiego replicas?

Postby RM500 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:33 am

Hi, Im new to this forum and searches for a builder kit to ship to Sweden.
These guys seems new to the business and are selling kits for $ 8000.

http://www.sandiegoreplicas.com/#!about/z54ne

Is anybody knowing about them?
RM500
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Anybody knows about sandiego replicas?

Postby egrant5329 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:43 am

I do not know anything about them, but I took a quick peek at their website and for $8000 they offer the most basic option of basically the body on the frame, leaving a lot of parts to source and add. There aren't any pictures so it is hard to judge their work. There is no way of knowing if it is a Beck or vintage style frame. They state swingaxle, so I assume it is a Beck style frame. Hopefully, someone that knows more about them can speak up.

If you want that bare bones of a package I would suggest emailing Carey Hines at http://www.beckspeedster.com/homepage.html and seeing if they will sell that level of a package.

Used Beck come up for sale all of the time. It would be cheaper in the long run to just buy an older one finished, but then you miss out on the fun of doing everything yourself.
egrant5329
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Larry Jowdy » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:38 am

I just spoke to Dave White from San Diego Replica's. They are a new company, making a variation of the Beck car. According to Dave, they reinforced the chassis to eliminate flex around the door openings and they have their own molds. During the summer, I spend 2 1/2 months a the Chula Vista RV park and during that time, I may drive up to Spring Valley and take a tour of their facility. Dave said they may end up as a contributing Vendor and if so, they will have their own forum within the Spyderclub.com Forum.
Larry Jowdy
Site Administrator
Larry Jowdy
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

Postby RM500 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:33 am

Thanks for the input, guys. I try to evaluate the vendors in US, when Martin&Walker in UK is too busy for for quite à while.
I like new entrepreneurs even if known names like Beck may give more peace of mind.
This forum is gold!
RM500
Starting Member
Starting Member

Return to Vendor Discussions