Title and Registration information

Moderator: Larry Jowdy

Title and Registration information

Postby Larry Jowdy » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:55 pm

I copied this from speedsterowners. It contains information on all 50 states on how to register your car.

http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=62843
Larry Jowdy
Site Administrator
Larry Jowdy
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

Postby daVinci 550 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:56 pm

Larry,

After reviewing the Maryland info, I can say that getting the information from this source could have saved me a lot of time and headache.Thanks for this. This should answer a lot of questions, especially for newbees.

Regardless of which state you are in, some of the issues one could run into may include having notorized bills of sale and various inspection issues. Be prepared for these. Getting a notorized BOS for your kit (body/chasis) and engine may be helpful. [8D]
Matthew Gardiner
Vintage Spyder #412

Digital Media & Graphic Design
http://www.matthewgardinerdesign.com
daVinci 550
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

CT Inspection

Postby sjgharib » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:41 am

All,
Just returned successfully from the CT DMV, having had my VIN assigned!

So my experience:

1. You go into the main DMV office in Wethersfield, wait on line, submit form R-95 "Application for Inspection of Composite Motor Vehicle"
2. You pay $88 and get a receipt
3. You then truck your car on a flat bed to the safety inspection building (East entrance)
4. You unload your car and drive it onto their lift
5. They inspect your paperwork: Biggest focus was on having receipts for major parts, with associated numbers. The form wants an engine serial number, a transaxle serial number, and a frame serial number. Ideally your receipts echo these numbers, and they then inspect to ensure the number is on the respective item. Those were the primary receipts they were looking for.
6. They checked: Lights, horn, wipers, parking brake. They lifted the car and looked at everything else. I think they were especially checking that the seat attachments had the right size backing plates (2" square).

That was it. They stuck a VIN sticker on the frame and told me to get insurance so I could come back and register! They also put "1955" composite vehicle on the form, so I don't believe I'll have any issue registering it as a 1955.

Cheers
Simon
sjgharib
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Re: Title and Registration information

Postby daVinci 550 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:17 am

Wow... 2 years later and the thread still lives. [8D]
Matthew Gardiner
Vintage Spyder #412

Digital Media & Graphic Design
http://www.matthewgardinerdesign.com