Hello again

Moderator: Larry Jowdy

Re: Hello again

Postby RBP » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:23 pm

Wow, you guys rock. Hope I can still drive and enjoy my 550 into my 70's and beyond. Good for you guys I hope my health stays good so I can just keep my car and drive it till I'm gone. Don't let Danny fool you, he's in his 90's and still working on cars.
Vintage, 2316 Type IV
RBP
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby FERNANDO FERNANDEZ » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:00 pm

yes he is but he cannot beat me on a motorbike in the alps or the pyrennes flat out ????
FERNANDO FERNANDEZ
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Eric Johnson » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:54 pm

Hey ! Yet another oldie original member. Welcome back Phil. I definitely remember you. Good luck with the new Spyder. I still have Beck 113 and get it out quite a bit...
Eric Johnson

Beck #113
GT40 MKIB ( GTD)
Eric Johnson

Postby FERNANDO FERNANDEZ » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:14 am

well guys ,

i am in coral gables ,miami ,fl. and getting ready to fly tomorrow to my place in Connecticut ...unfortunately it looks like IRMA is coming uninvited to florida. i am thinking of letting my wife fly tmw. and i will stay to see it and then after it passes and if all ok i will drive the 550 to ct. and back in nov . we will see .......if not then i will ride the bike ,versy 1000 (sold the beemer ) back to miami in November .
FERNANDO FERNANDEZ
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby EEricson » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:24 am

Good luck man. This looks really bad right now.
EEricson
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby sjgharib » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:02 pm

Phil - interested in the throttle-by-wire setup? What are you going to use? Is it a standard subaru part?
sjgharib
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby FERNANDO FERNANDEZ » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:25 am

i am now back in coral gables and we were very ,extremely lucky....i lost 6 roof tiles ,and they were re cemented. i also lost a mango tree but my brother in law who stayed here came by and cut off all the branches and upright it ...it is now flourishing again and have green and new branches growing........had this hurricane come into miami it would have been a disaster .........
FERNANDO FERNANDEZ
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby RS-60 mark » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:37 am

Sounds like you are among the more lucky ones Fernando. It is good to dodge the bullet, but can imagine there is still much tragedy all around.

Until two weeks ago, I was smug and eternally secure in beautiful Sonoma County CA. reading news about a distant Hurricane flooding Houston or ripping through the Keys, or the tornado du jour cleaning off a trailer park in Oklahoma and wondering what it must be like to personally confront the specter of such monumental disasters. After all, nothing like that happens where I live. But that was two weeks ago; before the fire.

Now I know.
RS-60 mark
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby FERNANDO FERNANDEZ » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:12 pm

yes i know ,i was not including him in my post
FERNANDO FERNANDEZ
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Previous

Return to Non-Technical