Northwest Spyder

Moderator: Larry Jowdy

Northwest Spyder

Postby 968er » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:40 am

Tried to login and post earlier, so apologies if this is a repeat. My name is Judd and my wife is Marishka. I have a deposit and order in with Carey and Special Edition for a Spyder.

We are retiring to our cabin in Winthrop, currently in Seattle. Our user name is 968er because Marishka has one, got it last year, will post pictures of us on our trip from Newport Beach to Seattle when we picked it up. Also in the garage at the cabin will have 67 XKE, 2016 Mustang GT with Vortech Supercharger, 2016 Moto Guzzi V7, 2017 Royal Enfield Classic 500 with sidecar [for Marishka and labrador retriever], and 2011 Harley dyna, Street Bob.

Looking forward to meeting you, I am going through the non technical posts. This is a great club.

Judd
968er
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Northwest Spyder

Postby EEricson » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:55 pm

Welcome, Judd. Nice stable. With that Royal Enfield, I wonder if you've crossed paths with my friend David Hiller. He's a Seattle guy who does British bike engines in the side.
EEricson
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby 968er » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:06 pm

Thanks, no I have not met David. The Royal Enfield is an old design but with modern internals, fuel injection, etc. Hope that it will just keep going, compared to my younger days with a BSA 441, and later Norton Commando, which demanded some tinkering.
968er
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby mason » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:14 pm

Welcome Judd, I am also in Seattle with a Beck that was put together about 10 years ago. Hopefully we will cross paths sometime.
mason
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby 968er » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:02 pm

Mason, thanks. Good to know you are in the area. I have never even seen a Spyder up close, would like to see yours if you have the time, send me a PM.

We will be going back to Special Edition, would like to figure out what I want to do in the build of the car. For example, EFI or carbs, maybe functional carb doors even if EFI just because I think they look cool, that sort of nonsense.

Judd
968er
Starting Member
Starting Member

Return to Non-Technical