Picture that got me tossed off the 356 registry BB and the

Don your flame-proof suit and come on in! IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE HEAT THEN GET OUT!!!!
Post anything you wish within reason that is \"off-topic\" from a Spyder.

Moderator: Larry Jowdy

Re:

Postby RS-60 mark » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:32 pm

DannyP wrote:Andrew, there are douchebags everywhere. . . . .Sometimes I can't help myself, but have not joined the fray on sexuality/homosexuality as of yet...........

Since comments of sexuality/homosexuality have somehow managed to thread-leap from another topic to this one, I'll throw in this douchebag's input:
Andrew, and all; this thread is written in the "Formerly Flamers" Off Topic category. So is the other one that drifted into sexuality. Thus, by definition the category is wide open for anything goes, and specifically is intended for "rambling on about absolutely nothing relevant".

Like Danny, I have been trying to lay-off the controversial BS (have you seen me outing Greg at Vintage lately?) However, sometimes I am weak and can't resist the bait. And, I admit it, sometimes I enjoy flaming the controversy a little . . . . well, OK, a lot.

I can say this though, as an observer of spyderclub for the past 9 years the most recent 4-5 years are tame compared to how it used to be. Some of the old flamers sessions are legend.
RS-60 mark
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby DannyP » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:30 pm

Yama, sorry, don't really care what you think. \"If I am not part of the solution\" BS, this is America last time I checked, and I don't have to comment on anything if I don't want to.

Remember how I used to get Ed Black going? I can go back to that, I was rather good at it.

I thought I WAS being tolerant by not commenting. Go troll somewhere else.

And for the record, I personally know some people on this site, and many more on Speedsterowners.com. Rest in peace, Hans, my friend!
2016 Vintage
DannyP
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Re:

Postby Aussiespyder » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:10 am

tmpusfugit wrote:not that I am Andrew; but to your question The bunyip or kianpraty is a large mythical creature from Aboriginal mythology, said to lurk in swamps, billabongs, creeks, riverbeds, and waterholes

Yes that is the technical meaning but not its "modern use" [-X
Aussiespyder
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby danstern » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:54 am

My Australian - USA translator says, bunyip:

synonym for imposter, pretender, ...

Seems to fit perfectly.
:D
Do I get a VB?
Dan
Quantum Mechanic, Black Holes refilled, Quarks repaired
Vintage #74, 2109cc
danstern
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Re:

Postby prototype4 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:47 pm

YamaBice wrote:Danny:

I just don't think apathy is a good way to go. You say you just don't respond to things you don't like or believe. Why haven't you joined the fray on sexuality/homosexuality?

Three people who frequent this forum were posting anti-gay slurs. They can say that they were joking, but you know the old saying about true feelings being the underlying motivation for many jokes, especially ones that poke fun at race, religion, or sexual orientation.

Anti-semitism, racism, and anti-homosexuality have no place on this forum. People can call it being too politically correct, and someone countered my criticism by claiming that I don't know them. Precisely. Very few people on this site know each other. So why would anyone engage in anti-gay, anti-semitic, or racial commentary, even if it's camouflaged as a "joke." We all don't know each other well enough to make those kinds of jokes on the Internet. It's inappropriate even in a private conversation.

I'm sure you know the old saying that "if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." I got involved because I don't want members and visitors to this site to feel belittled or persecuted by what a few people consider to be harmless jokes. I was offended, and I'm not even gay. So, I decided to say something. I was attacked for it, by people even beyond the three offenders, but I couldn't care less about that. It's much more important to me that people become more tolerant and perhaps consider what they're writing before clicking "submit."

So the posters were flaming about flamers? Thats why this section exists (its the land of non-PC). But when it goes from concepts in general to paticular indiviuals and their personal failings, then I expect Officer Jowdy to walk up and ask,"Now what's all this then!". That is why I hesitated to invite Leadfoot to a cyber- necktie party.
Last edited by prototype4 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ohhhhhh........I'm a lumberjack and I'm OKAY,
prototype4
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re:

Postby prototype4 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:50 pm

RS-60 mark wrote:
DannyP wrote:Andrew, there are douchebags everywhere. . . . .Sometimes I can't help myself, but have not joined the fray on sexuality/homosexuality as of yet...........

Since comments of sexuality/homosexuality have somehow managed to thread-leap from another topic to this one, I'll throw in this douchebag's input:
Andrew, and all; this thread is written in the "Formerly Flamers" Off Topic category. So is the other one that drifted into sexuality. Thus, by definition the category is wide open for anything goes, and specifically is intended for "rambling on about absolutely nothing relevant".

Like Danny, I have been trying to lay-off the controversial BS (have you seen me outing Greg at Vintage lately?) However, sometimes I am weak and can't resist the bait. And, I admit it, sometimes I enjoy flaming the controversy a little . . . . well, OK, a lot.

I can say this though, as an observer of spyderclub for the past 9 years the most recent 4-5 years are tame compared to how it used to be. Some of the old flamers sessions are legend.

Oh Lord, this has got to make you the "John Holmes", of flaming contrversy. :D
prototype4
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby prototype4 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:54 pm

Also Yamaman, your general complaint does seem driven mostly by personal interest. There is no escape from ideas, only relief through the unsustainability of untruth. Truth endures. :-k
And truth is what I value.
Last edited by prototype4 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
prototype4
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re:

Postby prototype4 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:56 pm

danstern wrote:My Australian - USA translator says, bunyip:

synonym for imposter, pretender, ...

Seems to fit perfectly.
:D
Do I get a VB?

Aussiepedia anyone?
prototype4
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby mightyspyder » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:48 am

Whatever happened to Ed Black?
I want to turn the clock back fifty years...
mightyspyder
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby tmpusfugit » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:56 am

As I best remember Ed had a heart attack about 5 years ago. He sold his car to a buddy (exboyracer?) who was on line here for a few months. I believe his buddy told me in a PM or private email that Ed's 3rd or 4th heart attack got him....and that would have been about 3-4 years ago.

Don't take this as an absolute as I don't clearly remember what I had for lunch yesterday, so keep that in mind......I do miss his various rants...I seldom agreed with Ed on a wide range of subjects, but......

Follow up...Ed Black last posted in 2006. I think he sold his car to exboyracer.
Last edited by tmpusfugit on Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim DuBois
tmpusfugit
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby mightyspyder » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:29 am

Thanks for the info. Goodness, Ed was one-of-a-kind, no doubt, and never ever thought he was wrong... I found it better than watching TV. Looking at all these 'x years ago' statements made me stop and check. I've been with this raggle-taggle group for ten years this month. Thanks, guys, it's been worth it.
I want to turn the clock back fifty years...
mightyspyder
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby DannyP » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:29 pm

Mighty, I am right behind you, 9 years and change!
2016 Vintage
DannyP
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby prototype4 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:05 pm

Aw, you oldsters make me look like a murgatroyd 8-[ .
I just figured he reconciled and took up co-habitation with 550 Joe. You know how \"in-tune\" they were with each other! :D
prototype4
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re:

Postby SpyderGirl » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:53 pm

tmpusfugit wrote:not that I am Andrew; but to your question The bunyip or kianpraty is a large mythical creature from Aboriginal mythology, said to lurk in swamps, billabongs, creeks, riverbeds, and waterholes

LOLOLOL best thing I have seen typed on the site in weeks! :D Thanks for the laugh!!!

SG
SpyderGirl
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby Greenberg » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:46 pm

3rd or 4th heaqrt attack??!! I think my first will take me out. [:0] Hopefully its doing something i like doing. Right SG?
Ya gotta drive it like ya stole it!
Greenberg
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic (formerly Flamers)