Picture that got me tossed off the 356 registry BB and the

Don your flame-proof suit and come on in! IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE HEAT THEN GET OUT!!!!
Post anything you wish within reason that is \"off-topic\" from a Spyder.

Moderator: Larry Jowdy

Re:

Postby prototype4 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:05 pm

Greenberg wrote:3rd or 4th heaqrt attack??!! I think my first will take me out. [:0] Hopefully its doing something i like doing. Right SG?

-Charity work for the downtrodden?
-Donating clothing?
-Canning for the cellar food reserve?
-Doing church work in five foot snow drifts?
-Deferring to others in conversation?
-Shoveling your nieghbors' sidewalk?
-Assisting stranded travelers on the open road?
-Preparations for the Prince William/Catherine honeymoon visit?

That lasivious lifestyle will be the end of you Greenberg [-X .

Oh for the devil-may-care life of the Canadian storekeep =P~ .
AND MERRY CHRISTMAS(you devil)
Last edited by prototype4 on Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ohhhhhh........I'm a lumberjack and I'm OKAY,
prototype4
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby Greenberg » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:07 pm

Well actually......I was just thinking Skronking! :D
Ya gotta drive it like ya stole it!
Greenberg
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Re:

Postby prototype4 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:17 pm

Greenberg wrote:Well actually......I was just thinking Skronking! :D

OKAY........I'll bite :-k . But before I ask clarification, I will employ THE MIGHTY POWER OF THE INTERNET to uncloud this Canfusion.
Last edited by prototype4 on Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
prototype4
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby prototype4 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:31 pm

Ah yes, Skronking.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... =Skronking

Assuming you are speaking the Saskatchewan dialect, Definition-6 would apply as sure as your palms need a good hairbrushing. Otherwise, by definition-1, I would be aptly named Skronkotype4 by the way I effect some (although I do know it [):] ).
HO HO HO!
prototype4
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby gotowo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:24 pm

Maybe leadfoot and Wild Bill should get together - I think they have a lot in common...

http://www.miramarevents.com/dreammachi ... pyder.html
Building the dream - http://www.type550.com
Vintage racing posters - http://posters.type550.com/
gotowo
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Re:

Postby prototype4 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:42 pm

gotowo wrote:Maybe leadfoot and Wild Bill should get together - I think they have a lot in common...

http://www.miramarevents.com/dreammachi ... pyder.html

Paraphrasing Andy Worhol- "everybody has 15 minutes of infamy". This is Wild Bills. :D
prototype4
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby Biker2 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:47 am

After reading that article about this particular car, all I can say is WTF?????

I just don't understand, are these people just huge dumba$$es and are completely clueless to what they own, or are they just extremely dishonest?
Biker2
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Re:

Postby prototype4 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:15 pm

Biker2 wrote:After reading that article about this particular car, all I can say is WTF?????

I just don't understand, are these people just huge dumba$$es and are completely clueless to what they own, or are they just extremely dishonest?

Folks like this think noooooobody knows. But we do ;) .
prototype4
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby SpyderGirl » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:32 pm

Biker,
I totally agree with what you said... W T F???? love the bit about his complete restoration... LOL ;) Is it not amazing that such a car collector did not post photos of the restoration.? :^o

SG
SpyderGirl
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby gotowo » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:37 pm

If you follow the link down the bottom of the article you will find his spyder and his beautiful resto ;)
Building the dream - http://www.type550.com
Vintage racing posters - http://posters.type550.com/
gotowo
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Re:

Postby SpyderGirl » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:51 pm

gotowo wrote:If you follow the link down the bottom of the article you will find his spyder and his beautiful resto ;)

Gotowo,
As soon as I scrolled I saw mention of James Dean so I continued reading and DID see the beautiful restro..... what a very lucky man to get a REAL 550 that had been sitting and rotting in someones garage. :^o

SG
SpyderGirl
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby cam550 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:38 pm

Andrew, based on the restoration pictures I think this is in fact car 055 finally located by Wild Bill, restored, and reunited with its rightful owner, JD (also fully restored in his Rebel Without a Cause getup).
cam550
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby prototype4 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:25 pm

This might surprise everyone to read me declare this, BUT HE DOES NOT ACTUALLY SAY IT IS A PORSCHE MANUFACTURED 550. He simply segues from company history many of us could rattle off, to how he \"found\" and \"restored\" (here is the implication) his car. That blaring omission is easily caught by folks more inimate to the originals features. The trailer signal lamps and 4-bolt VW wheel pattern alone would prompt any of us to ask, \"Are you saying this is a Porsche made 550?\" . The virtuous replicar owner ought to then say, \"No, but what made you think it wasn't? :-k \". If the skeptic replies that it seemed unlikely a bonafide 550 would be in your middle-class hands and on the road, then you can: thank him for complementing you on the state of replication [^:] , flip him off for the insult [:(!] , and move on.

I suggest.....It is fine to play the imposter, provided you confess to it when called out. Then you have a chance to find out what broke the suspension of disbelief and correct. Ultimately, when you can sincerely fool the knowledgeble people, then the fact that your car is replica is a point of achievement, not deceit. But the bar is being raised by Andrew. I suspect many Porschephiles know of his 550 site. Bravo Andrew =D> .
prototype4
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby danstern » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:02 pm

Sorry, I do not think it is fine to play the impostor.
When asked what it's worth, I say: about $25K.
If asked the year, I say mixture of '55 & '56, but it's not original.
I don't like being misled, I doubt the person admiring the Spyder does.
The almost universal last comment from the stranger is: sure is a beautiful car.
The article is misleading/dishonest.
These cars are special in there own right. I don't want to mislead anyone about them.

PS Some bonds are backed by the US Gov't. I have some 15% bonds for sale. Are you interested in buying some hi grade bonds? [):]
Dan
Quantum Mechanic, Black Holes refilled, Quarks repaired
Vintage #74, 2109cc
danstern
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Re:

Postby prototype4 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:39 pm

danstern wrote:Sorry, I do not think it is fine to play the impostor.
When asked what it's worth, I say: about $25K.
If asked the year, I say mixture of '55 & '56, but it's not original.
I don't like being misled, I doubt the person admiring the Spyder does.
The almost universal last comment from the stranger is: sure is a beautiful car.
The article is misleading/dishonest.
These cars are special in there own right. I don't want to mislead anyone about them.

PS Some bonds are backed by the US Gov't. I have some 15% bonds for sale. Are you interested in buying some hi grade bonds? [):]

Hmmmmm. Dan, you vex me :-k . Okay, you could convince me by example. Got any Porsche emblems on your car, especially the "550"? Your'e gonna take 'em off if so, right? Cause otherwise you risk misleading folks by false advertising. If you are answering,"mixture of '55 & '56, but it's not original". The up front thing to do (I think) would avoid the confusion that you used 55' & 56' OEM Porsche parts on an OEM 55' or 56' 550, and spell out the aftermarket, or VW pedigree ;) . I daresay folks commenting on your cars' beauty sense the beauty of the design (and yes, quality assembler work really does count as well), and not nessesarily the,"OEMness" about it.

When I say "impostor", I refer to a thing that emulates the real thing. Seinfield might buy and risk road-damaging an OEM 550. I cannot. By the standard I feel you set, I should not enjoy the 550 experience because I do not rate access to the experience at all, unless it is one of the few Porsche-built wonders surviving. Roland has tried both, but I can't recall him advising any of us to save the replicar money, because only the "real thing" has any virtue. In fact he OWNS a replicar! I promote re-creation as a positive benefit, not as a means to dupe people for unfair advantage. That would be impermissible (as our leadfoot would tell you :D ).

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"- ME (perhaps no less true because I didn't originate the saying O:) ).

I respect your opinion, whether we agree or not. And I wish the Treasury held to the standard you set and stop monetizing our debt [-o< !!!

(Puleeeze don't slam on the LarryLocktm! I'm interested in his reply)
prototype4
Old Timer
Old Timer

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic (formerly Flamers)