Waiting on Last Parts from Vintage

Don your flame-proof suit and come on in! IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE HEAT THEN GET OUT!!!!
Post anything you wish within reason that is \"off-topic\" from a Spyder.

Moderator: Larry Jowdy

Re: Waiting on Last Parts from Vintage

Postby duck944t » Sat May 05, 2012 12:38 pm

I'll go along with Ralph...what else do you expect to accomplish, other then obtaining pity from others, by going on and on [/i]about this here in this forum?? To send cash money overseas to a dodgy person (or to anyone unknown for that matter) is just silly and is really your own fault.
Now maybe a word of advice as to something you can try. Most banks will allow you up to a year to do a reversal on a wire transfer for a valid reason. I would contact your banking establishment.

This is one of the longest threads I've seen on here (besides "gotowo is coming to America") ...enough already. Deal with it...
duck944t
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby gotowo » Sat May 05, 2012 2:37 pm

Maybe I should make a return visit [8D]
Building the dream - http://www.type550.com
Vintage racing posters - http://posters.type550.com/
gotowo
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby SpyderMike » Sat May 05, 2012 6:34 pm

You know, if this were the first time or one of few, I would agree with you Duck. However, this isn't and maybe he will save someone who reads this thread from the same pain. I wish you luck Sander. If there was a tried and true way to get Greg to do the honorable thing I don't think has been found yet.

With the internet, any person making such a purchase can (should) do their due diligence before doing business beyond their "threshold of pain". This site is not the only tool. You can always try public records searches (to see if there is a history of civil action) or the Better Business Bureau among others...for any potential supplier of goods/services.
l my b
SpyderMike
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby daVinci 550 » Sun May 06, 2012 5:32 am

I really resisted getting involved in this thread (due to obvious reasons). But my only concern is that those who have ordered Spyders from Vintage may start getting worried after reading this thread that they will never take delivery of their vehicles. To my knowledge that has never been the case. Though it did take some time for my Spyder to be completed, I did receive it and it exceeded my expectations. I live on the east coast and never made a visit to Vintage. If you are one of those who have a Spyder on order, I suggest you ignore this thread for sanity reasons alone.

Sander, I hope you receive your parts soon.
Matthew Gardiner
Vintage Spyder #412

Digital Media & Graphic Design
http://www.matthewgardinerdesign.com
daVinci 550
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby SpyderMike » Sun May 06, 2012 8:44 am

People should do their own due diligence and NOT rely on this or any website - for any vendor. If you have that much money tied up - it would be prudent for you to make regular visits on your own.

Conditions change, experiences in the past are not guarantees of current or future performance...

Caveat emptor
l my b
SpyderMike
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby D_Man » Sun May 06, 2012 6:53 pm

Dude I'm so glad I don't have to live in this hell anymore. Spyder Mike knows...I paid my dues with a two-year wait My car is now complete was drivable until I decided to install the Subaru engine on my own. All i can say is vintage builds a good product but they put you through hell to get it. I'm thankfull for all the great people I got to know along the way though thanks to this site. Just thought I would throw that out. Check out my blog to see what I have been up too.
D
Please see my blog on my Vintage Spyder.
http://spyderdreams.blogspot.com/
D_Man
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby sander 550 » Tue May 22, 2012 3:08 am

[:(!]

Still nothing.....and no reaction on any e-mails......this is how he works

[V] [V] [V] [V] [V] [V]
sander 550

Postby SpyderMike » Thu May 24, 2012 6:56 pm

something tells me you won't hear from him again - ever. you might want to consider another source for your parts Sander.
l my b
SpyderMike
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby racerdave » Fri May 25, 2012 8:03 am

I have finally wrote off ever getting anything from you know who...I'm just looking at it as a stupid tax. ](*,)

Russ and Alex have been really helpful. They even answer the phone and emails! AND they do not charge you until the product is shipped!!!!

David
you don't know what you don't know.....
racerdave

Postby RS-60 mark » Fri May 25, 2012 9:42 am

daVinci 550 wrote:. . . . But my only concern is that those who have ordered Spyders from Vintage may start getting worried after reading this thread that they will never take delivery of their vehicles. To my knowledge that has never been the case. . . . . If you are one of those who have a Spyder on order, I suggest you ignore this thread for sanity reasons alone.

Matt, tell us again that part about (to your knowledge) Vintage Spyders has never failed to deliver what has been paid for.

According to just this one subject thread: Racer Dave never got what he paid for. Sander never got what he paid for. Iwdal never got what he paid for. There are others in the same boat, probably many others. Where there is smoke there is fire, and Vintage Spyders is an inferno of not delivering what was promised. This is well recorded and documented over the 9 years you've been on the Board. I don't know how it escaped your knowledge.

As far as your wish to protect the sanity of current Vintage Spyders customers, I'd have to suspect they were already insane in the first place when they placed their order. :D

No doubt, anything anyone did eventually get from Vintage Spyders was nice. No one ever complained about the product. But I think it is unfair of you to encourage anyone to do business with Vintage Spyders knowing in advance they are about to repeat the mistakes of Racer Dave, Sander and Iwdal.
RS-60 mark
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby sander 550 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:50 am

=D> This forum will be longer and longer.....

As we still get no answers from Greg.

Please let this be a worning for all who like to have parts or a car from his shop.

Waiting and making you more and more anger [:(!]

Waiting now 1 year of parts! this is not how we in europe like...and i think also not in the US.

If you order from Fibersteel and Sieramade, you get your parts within 2 weeks and they inform you if they are not on stock
this we call good work. :D
sander 550

Postby Larry Jowdy » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:45 am

Sander, by now, everyone know's of your problem. Constantly updating that you haven't received parts is fruitless, it won't make you get your parts sooner so I suggest you just drop it until you get your parts.. At that time, post that you got them
Larry Jowdy
Site Administrator
Larry Jowdy
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

Postby smonop » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:05 am

I agree with Larry. In my situation, I chose Legal representation. I purchased a car that Greg had accepted on consignment. Greg sold me the car and collected my money, but in turn, did not pay the original owner his full amount due, shy by roughly $5000. In turn, the original owner would not turn over the Title to Greg to give to me. Greg gave me every excuse in the book as to why I had not received my Title, from having a new secretary to the dog ate it. Fortunately, I found the original owner's contact information in the car (Greg would not provide the original owner my name or information). We spoke and had a conference call with my attorney. After 4 months of being patient, within 2 weeks of seeking legal representation I had my Title. I followed up with Greg and simply told him that I understand it is not easy running a specialty shop but to be upfront with people. As with many shops in this type of business, owners "rob Peter to pay Paul." Get a lawyer and get it done.
smonop
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Prince50 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:03 am

Just a quick follow up on ,my dealings with Greg,

Two months ago, I was dumb enough to was my car and "detail" the engine. I did this without covering my carbs and filled them up with water..... I know..... I know....

I had the car towed to VW Paradise in San MArcos, Ca and told them everything that had happened, but they were not able to fix the car. it ran like crap when I got it back, and out of desperation, I calld Greg once again to take care of my screwups.

Greg sent a crew down to Bonsall and picked up the car, and while he had it upgraded mt exahust, and did a laundry list of other items for me. He drove the car down to Oceanside to me for delivery and I was on my way. 100% customer satisfaction.

Fast forward several months, my Compufire died on me on the side of the raod, and I was stranded. On the phone Greg walked me through some possible fixes to get me rolling all at 7pm on a weekday!. To no avail, however, the Compufire was dead.

He again sent a truck to pickup the car and was working on it days later. I got a ride up to the OC to pick it up and my ride left while I was waiting. Unfortunaly a warped clutch plate was also found and I was not able to get the car. Greg offered me his personal vehicle to drive home! Again, above what is expected from a shop.

Several days later I picked the car back up, and it is once again flawless, with the new addition of a better shifter.

Today I got a call from Greg letting me know he had been researching the bad Compufire, and was asking the manufacturer about the possible issues. Apparently any draw from the positive side of the coil for accessories can damage the Compufire. Greg had remembered that Bert the builder of my car, had used the positive termianl to power my fuel pump, and wanted me to fix it to axoid issues in the future. GREAT customer service, as he remembered how my car was wired!

I know some of you may have issues, but for me Greg is 100% top notch, and his customer service is not to be beaten.

Thanks again Greg,

Bitsy55 is once again rolling fast.

Darin
Prince50

Postby smonop » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:54 am

I want to be clear and give credit where credit is due, never have I had an issue purely customer service wise with Greg or his shop, always returns calls, always knows the car, always can solve the problem. Greg's issue has never been customer service, he needs a better book keeper / accountant! : )
smonop
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic (formerly Flamers)