Site Sloooooooooooooooooooooooow

General Site feedback and Issues/questions

Moderator: Larry Jowdy

Postby RS-60 mark » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:59 pm

Hi Arch!

Check this out: you, me, goofy, ralph and ifly all lost together on this forum thread to nowhere, and no one has mentioned: Road Trip!

Speaking of which, goofy are you going to Morro?

And further speaking of which, Arch and Ralph, are you going?
RS-60 mark
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Goofycat » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:16 pm

Arch and Mark: Why don't we get together with Ralph this weekend and do a little tasting with him, honoring Sapphire Hill by bringing the 550s?
Who knows....we might even make the PD's wine section (not exactly a huge accomplishment, but after all the rain, things have been kind of quiet). I don't know where the winery is, but I would guess that it is somewhere along Dry Creek Road.
Goofycat
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Arch » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:29 pm

Well If'n theres women, cars and wine involved then I am game. [8D]
Arch
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Healdsburg

Postby Ralphc » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:46 pm

Mostly sunny, temp in lo 60's, but I won't be coming from home; we're house sitting at a ranch outside Danville. BMW most likely. Event is Sat. & we're meeting one of my wife's former co-workers.
Ralphc
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Goofycat » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:48 pm

Ralph, where is Sapphire Hill. I tried Googling it with no luck.

Mark, I doubt I will be going to Morro. Looks like you will be the only North Bay rep, unless Arch decides to make the trek.
Goofycat
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby RS-60 mark » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:05 pm

Barry -- looks like in Healdsburg: http://www.sapphirehill.com/

It also looks like its a little bit wet right now for driving around tomorrow morning. I think I might stick with my original plan to pump the spyder up on jackstands and knock it apart for its annual preseason going-through. You know, the usual: tune-up, valves, brakes, fluids, maybe stumble onto something about to break or fall off that might cause me to die. :D
RS-60 mark
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Goofycat » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:04 pm

Jeez, Mark, I never thought anybody tasted wines on Saturday and wrongly assumed it was Sunday. I just got my EMS back and need to install it. It would ordinarily take only about ten minutes, but I really need a 10mm ratchet/open end wrench in 10mm. Naturally I have every other size, and it will take a while playing pretzel to get the nuts tightened onto the bolts that hold the EMS on to the firewall. Also, I need to pull the plugs, clean them off and then reinstall. It hasn't stopped raining since last night, and our rain gauge measures almost an inch. I also have to finish fixing my horn. Yeah.....guess we will have to make it another time.

It would be fun to get Arch, Ralph Castro, Rick J and Hotrod Harry Craycroft up here for another run out to the coast for oysters. We haven't done that one for two or three years. [^:]
Goofycat
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Re:

Postby RS-60 mark » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:00 pm

Goofycat wrote:It would be fun to get Arch, Ralph Castro, Rick J and Hotrod Harry Craycroft up here for another run out to the coast for oysters. We haven't done that one for two or three years. [^:]

String along iflyfast and atticusman and it would be quite a parade! [8D]
RS-60 mark
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Goofycat » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:03 pm

I thought Atticusman sold his car. But A-man, come on up if you still have the car; and Ifly...you are more than welcome to join the melee.
Goofycat
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Re:

Postby RS-60 mark » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:12 pm

Goofycat wrote: It would ordinarily take only about ten minutes. . . . . . [^:]

No such thing as a 10-minute job.

Last weekend I changed the electric fan on my oil cooler -- a 10-minute job.

And, that's all it would have been until I dropped one of the mounting nuts and watched it bounce around on top of my starter motor before disappearing into what should have been an impossibly small hole in the starter gearcase.

So, the "10-minute job" included pulling the starter, taking apart the gearcase, recovering the seeing-eye nut, and putting it all together again.

Incidentally, when I had the starter on the work bench I tried maybe 50 times to bounce a nut into that hole. No matter how hard I tried to do it on purpose I couldn't make it happen. #-o
RS-60 mark
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Goofycat » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:26 pm

I had a similar incident at the dental office. I was ready to cement a brand new porcelain crown, then dropped it on the floor. We looked for about 1/2 hour and finally gave up, cementing in a temporary crown and dismissing the patient....our faces red as beets. I thought I was going crazy.

The next day, I crawled underneath the building and found the crown lying on the ground. It had evidently bounced beneath a cabinet and dropped into a hole in the floor used to bring up compressed air to some equipment inside the cabinet. The hole was hardly larger than the crown. There was no way it could have happened, but it did. I have never had something like this happen....before or since. #-o
Goofycat
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Larry Jowdy » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:14 pm

Amazing how \"Site Feedback\" has turned into losing things in impossible spaces
Larry Jowdy
Site Administrator
Larry Jowdy
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

Postby Zack » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:45 pm

I never knew how good the Spyder was on drifting... untill reading you guys. #-o
Zack

Postby danstern » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:08 pm

I find that with 9 year old tires and 150hp DRIFTING is easy and mostly controllable.
Dan :D
Dan
Quantum Mechanic, Black Holes refilled, Quarks repaired
Vintage #74, 2109cc
danstern
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Goofycat » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:30 pm

Stick around long enough and you will catch the \"drifting\" disease. It has no cure, and therapy of any kind is useless. It can only get worse, but several glasses of red wine can help. :D [8D] ;) What was this thread about, anyway? Whatever it was, it couldn't be as fun as telling stories about losing things in small spaces. And, don't blame me (nawww...go ahead...I can take it); Mark started it. [xx(] Hey, just turn us loose and we can instantly screw up any thread here....we do it all the time. :) It's great recreation and Larry never even notices.
Goofycat
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback