General Site feedback and Issues/questions

Moderator: Larry Jowdy

Site Funding Proposal!

Postby Aussiespyder » Wed May 18, 2011 8:34 pm

Guys

I have a suggestion that may solve two problems:
1) Funding the site
2) Better manners

Let's institute a fine system - like a swear box!

A transgressor of forum rules or just good manners should be fined $5. If the fines build up to $20 and are unpaid then they are kicked off the forum.

Larry can be the judge and jury!

This may help keep the site going in terms of the fees and clean up some of the BS that occurs. If the swear box is flushed with funds Larry can buy himself a case of wine from the Napa!!

Ken
Aussiespyder
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby RS-60 mark » Thu May 19, 2011 2:18 pm

I might as well pay my first month's $50 in advance :D ;) [B)]

I'm sure I'll can make 10 posts next month that PO somebody.

To be honest, I haven't posted much lately; and I haven't seen a lot of anyone else's flaming worth crying to Larry about. Certainly nothing like 7-8 years ago when there were some real colorful personalities and very stimulated \"open\" dialog. Besides, as Larry pointed out, he is not the Mommy for whiners. He can lock a thread whenever he wants, and does. I think that's adequate.

If money is a real issue, then another fundraiser is appropriate. It seems like at least a couple of years have gone by since most of us paid our $35 for 5 helmets. Maybe it is time to buy gold helmets, or something.

But to ask Larry to be police, judge, jury and jailer is too much. Let's make it easier for him, not more burdensome.

There's my first $5 worth . . .
RS-60 mark
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby gixxerblade » Thu May 19, 2011 3:19 pm

I think it's a horrible idea. :)
gixxerblade

Postby TerryB » Thu May 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Aussie:
I think it's an outstanding idea! Solves two problems with one solution. :D
TerryB
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re:

Postby gotowo » Thu May 19, 2011 7:11 pm

gixxerblade wrote:I think it's a horrible idea. :)

What's wrong Gixxer - Darcie afraid her allocation for shoes is going to be gone overnight?
Building the dream - http://www.type550.com
Vintage racing posters - http://posters.type550.com/
gotowo
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby SpyderGirl » Fri May 20, 2011 1:19 am

Andrew,
Don't worry I will STILL let YOU borrow some of my shoes! Even though you are being insulting and attacking me for my need for high end Italian heels LOL!!! :).
SpyderGirl
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby laneco » Fri May 20, 2011 5:31 am

The problem with the swear box theory is that it only works if the person being fined is actually ashamed of it.

With some of the personalities here, the person with the most fines would consider a badge of personal honor and since they would be contributing more to the site than the rest of us, it would free them up to be even more of an on-line nuisance.

angela
laneco
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Larry Jowdy » Thu May 26, 2011 6:17 am

As I've indicated, it does get rather bothersome to have to police this site.

All each of you has to do is think before you click the submit button re-read what you wrote ans ask youself the queston:

\"Am I purposly *beep* someone off or is what I wrote so offensive that it will provide fuel for a major bon-fire\"

Think before you \"submit\" and things will go smoothly.
Larry Jowdy
Site Administrator
Larry Jowdy
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

Postby fastspyder » Fri May 27, 2011 1:06 pm

i vote that everyone that come to this Forum and post more then 3 posting should be obligated to pay the $35.00 and register as a full 5 helmets donater member .....that way it will be equal for everyone on this Forum.
fastspyder
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby RBP » Sat May 28, 2011 7:38 am

Site funding needs to be simple, painless and not tax Larry's free time. I am certain he has other things to do than monitor this site 24/7. There should be an ANNUAL fee of say 35.00. Guests can visit the site and view forums but not post, once they join and pay the fee they can post. An automatic e-mail can be generated annually and sent to each member with the paypal link for payment. Larry will or should get all the money in the first few months of the year. :-k
Vintage, 2316 Type IV
RBP
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Goofycat » Sat May 28, 2011 12:37 pm

I absolutely agree. If this site isn't worth at least $35 per year....hey, that's $.10 per day. An auto email would work for me, and it could be sent as a group notification at the beginning of the year. If posters offend, they should be given a warning. One more time and they are suspended from the site for---say---six months., or optionally, the big boot, regardless of whether or not they have paid a fee.

Larry doesn't need flamer nonsense, and I am behind him 110%. Larry, my check is in the mail. [8D]
Goofycat
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Return to Site Feedback