Locked out

General Site feedback and Issues/questions

Moderator: Larry Jowdy

Locked out

Postby martinc » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:22 am

Hi there - My name is Martin Craven and I recently joined the Forum under the Username of Martinpcraven but have not received the authentication email that will allow me to use that ID to log in to the site.

Could one of the Administrators please help by resending the authorisation code to allow me to use that rather than this temporary ID please??

Out of interest, when the problem occured, all help panels advised that I should talk to the Administrators of the site but there isnt a way in which one can do this UNTIL one has received the authorisation back because each time, it advises that the password is incorrect because the accoun tis not active (Catch 22). As a suggestion, is it worth having a Contact button that allow anyone in this situation to at least send an email requesting help??

Kindest regards
Martin Craven (UK)
Martin Craven
martinc
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby Larry Jowdy » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:07 am

I just sent a message to the administrator but it looks like you're signed in
Larry Jowdy
Site Administrator
Larry Jowdy
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

Postby Dave Avery » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:13 am

Martin,

Welcome aboard! Sorry for the troubles.

SC user creation is self running, it's just the standard way that phpbb, the bbs software works. There is no contact feature of phpbb, but I believe you have a good idea. I for one get 5K messages a day, and will not post my email anywhere a spam robot could grab it, and I don't think anyone else would want to do it either ;)

I will enable your old address, let me know if you want the new one deleted.
Dave Avery
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

Locked out

Postby martinc » Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:22 pm

Thanks Dave. The ID I want to keep is Martinpcraven but I have not yet received the authorisation code/link that will allow me to go in and us ethe ID. If you could cancel this ID Martinc AND Martinpcraven, I will then register again and hopefully it will workfine. A site in Germany DDL appears to use exactly the same forum model but they do have a CONTACT email address for use if logged out. Hope the idea proves useful.

GREAT site by the way!!!
Kindest regards
Martin Craven
Martin Craven
martinc
Starting Member
Starting Member

Locked out

Postby martinpcraven » Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:28 pm

Hi Dave - Just tried the martinpcraven login and it works!!

Well done and many thanks. Would you mind very much cancelling the MARTINC login please as I won't be using it again (or advising how I can do his myelf)

Look forward to chatting to you guys about 356's and 550's!!! I am the principal for German Import 356 and 550 sales here in the UK and in France so if you are interested, I will happily post some details, not for the purposesof promoting the company (seeing as we are based in England - bit of a long way to do a test drive!!) but just by way of keeping people aware of whats happening in areas of common interest!!!

Thanks again
Martin Craven
Classic Roadsters Limited
Southover, Hurst Lane, Egham, Surrey,
TW20 8QJ ENGLAND
martinpcraven

Return to Site Feedback