Add/change Location?

General Site feedback and Issues/questions

Moderator: Larry Jowdy

Add/change Location?

Postby Vorpal » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:18 am

I'm trying to fill out some of my personal info, such as my location. However, when I go to my profile, I don't see any blanks related to those things. I think that I left them blank when I first registered; does that have something to do with not being able to change them now?

-Winston
Houston, TX
Vorpal

Postby egrant5329 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:41 pm

When you are logged in click the profile link at the top and you should be able do it there.
egrant5329
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Goofycat » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:08 pm

It would be helpful if all members listed their locations. If it is felt that privacy might be compromised, just the state or general area (U.S.) or country outside the U.S. would work---for me, at least. A lot of my posts are directed at local California people, and if I have no idea if the recipient may be out of the U.S., I may have trouble with the context of a particular post. Am I making sense?
Goofycat
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Larry Jowdy » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:10 pm

Give it time, it will work.... You can personally contact me and I'll add the information
Larry Jowdy
Site Administrator
Larry Jowdy
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

Postby Bert » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:29 am

I agree with Goofy, put your damn location down!
Bert
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Add/Change Location

Postby hotrodharry » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:22 pm

I wish that Larry would fix this profile thing so that we can put it to bed! I know Larry, \"you're working on it\". anyway, thanks Larry, we all appreciate what you're doing with this web site. Thanks again.
hotrodharry
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Larry Jowdy » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:38 pm

There is a \"\"REAL\"\" reason why you can't initially list your location.
If it's a real heartburn thing, send me a PM and I'll tell you why
Larry Jowdy
Site Administrator
Larry Jowdy
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

Postby Goofycat » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:38 pm

Hotrod, have you purchased/do you own a car? If so, any chance you can share pictures? You are only one hour away from my home in Santa Rosa. Arch and RS-60 Mark live up this way, and perhaps it might be worth thinking about getting together in the future...for a drive over Mt. St. Helena, Pope Valley, up to Mendocino, etc. The list of good twisties up here are almost endless.

Barry
Goofycat
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Add/Change Location

Postby hotrodharry » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:32 pm

Hi Goofycat, Yes I'm proud to say that I do own a Spyder. I would be interested hooking up with other Spyder owners. As you know, I'm not that far away from you, so it would be great to share an outing with those who have the same interest. Let me know what you think.
hotrodharry
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Ralphc » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:07 pm

Close to you guys? No way! He's closer to me & twisties in the east bay hills.
Ralphc
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Add/Change Location

Postby hotrodharry » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:15 pm

Go Ralphc, you're right, Pleasanton would be closer and the back roads around your area are interesting. What say you?
Hotrod
hotrodharry
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Goofycat » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:40 pm

Harry, I met Ralph C last year at the Laguna pre-historic races. Great function that takes place in August. Ralph is very knowledgable about the 550s. Karl Dempwolf, Rick Jiloty and I met there for a weekend of watching legends careen around the track. It costs nothing to watch. We parked our cars behind the grandstands and had free access to the entire track, including the pit area. My camera almost melted from all the pictures I took. My wife and I stayed in Pacific Grove at a motel near the beach. The weather was spectacular, as were the cars.

One week later the real races start in earnest. I did not attend that event, but RS-60 Mark did, drawing a lot of attention on Lighthouse Avenue, Pacific Grove's main drag, when million-dollar cars were on display. I do not know if the historic races coincided with the Pebble Beach Concours or not, but I plan to attend both events this year.
Goofycat
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby RS-60 mark » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:45 am

Barry, not to rub in the fact that you SOLD YOUR CAR and the WEATHER IS PERFECT this weekend, but Arch and I (with wives) are running together Sunday. Leaving Windsor at 9ish, out Dry Creek Valley, up to Cloverdale, on to Boonville, then to Ukiah, and back. I did this route a few weeks ago in almost exactly 3 hours and came home fully spydersatisfied [^:]. It might take a little longer with the \"right seat conscience\" alongside :D .

Harry, you (and Ralph and Rick and . . . ) would make it all the more fun. But we didn't think about our Bay Area buddies when planning to leave early and going waaay north. So this one is probably a bit much of a grinder for your guys to get here and back.

But, Harry (and whoever) if you'd like to get together up here in 2-3 weeks I can stage something that makes more sense. Maybe leave 101 from Windsor around 10:30 and head out to the coast. Down 1 to Point Reyes Station, then back to 101 in Novato. Windsor to Novato is about 2-1/2 hours of spyderfun, plus lunch and roadside BS. Novato is maybe 1-1/2 hour shot home to Concord or SJ. Altogether, a reasonable spyder day trip.

Let me know . . . .

Mark
P.S. Barry, we'll do something \"special\" for you in June when your new thunder monkey gets delivered. ;)
RS-60 mark
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Ralphc » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:07 am

Mark, I'm game. Let me know as we get closer. I have some mech work to complete.
Ralphc
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Postby Goofycat » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:38 pm

RS 60 Mark wrote:Barry, we'll do something "special" for you in June when your new thunder monkey gets delivered.

How about let's all get together and take Hwy 128 to Mendocino, have lunch at the Mendocino Hotel, then drive back on Hwy 1, stop for a crab cocktail or crab louie at the Tides in Bodega Bay, or dinner in Occidental at the Union Hotel? Or even take a run to Tomales for some super-great coffee and sticky buns at the bakery? I think Ralph and Hotrod would have fun on these twisties. Sunday morning at Tomales is "the" place that the very fast motorcycles meet (kind of like the "Rock Shop" in the L.A. area). A group of Spyders would create quite a scene in the parking lot across the street.

If I go there in the Prius, I pull my collar up, look furtively to the right and left, then slink in, buy my coffee and sticky bun, return to the car across the street, finish with coffee and bun, then continue down the road, dicing completely unsuccessfully with the Ducatis, then return home, accompanied with the ever-present thirst for the new car. The damned thing is with me day and night...kind of like my first high-school crush. God, I hope Greg can finish it on time, or even early.
Goofycat
$$Donating Member$$
$$Donating Member$$

Next

Return to Site Feedback